It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:08 pm
Change font size

Staff Announcements

Migrating

Game related announcements from the staff, including RPTs, general plot information, etc...

Moderator: Elder Staff

Migrating

Postby Nimrod » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:49 pm

We are migrating to a new server. This will happen in the next few hours. Unfortunately it will not be a seamless transition. We may be down for a while (possibly a few days).

I will be taking backups of your progress and hopefully we won't have many problems with bringing you back to the place where you left off on the new server.

This is a direct result of an attack on our server, which was completely compromised. There is no way for us to determine everything that was compromised, so rather than run the risk of using tainted software, we will be making a complete move and starting fresh.

All character data will be saved and moved to the new server, so you should not see much change.

Your patience is greatly appreciated in this matter,

Nimrod
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: Migrating

Postby Nimrod » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:58 pm

Our game servers have been completely compromised. We advise ALL members of our gaming community to immediately change your passwords.

Data that is stored on our servers include:
Game login account name.
Game login password. (in hashed format)
email address (not your email password)

Our forums do NOT reside on the compromised server. We do recommend that you change your forum password if it matches your game password.

This is most likely an over-reaction, but I wish to provide full disclosure of what MAY happen.

Please take appropriate steps to protect yourself as soon as possible.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:00 pm

Although we do not feel that the parties who have compromised our server would feel the information from our telnet communications would be valuable, it IS possible that they may have been able to listen in on those ports, exposing usernames and passwords.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:56 pm

I will be shutting down the server in approximately 90 minutes. It will be down until further notice. (hopefully less than 24 hours)
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:33 am

Had some stuff to work on so left the system up longer than I expected to. Will be shutting down the player port in 10 minutes. It's not going to be back and running tonight by the looks of it. We'll also have some issues with the online character generator as well since it does actually communicate with the game database, which, of course will be down.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:57 pm

Whoops... ignore my last post. Posted in the wrong spot.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Staff Announcements

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login