It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:08 pm
Change font size

Staff Announcements

Change in Game Leadership

Game related announcements from the staff, including RPTs, general plot information, etc...

Moderator: Elder Staff

Change in Game Leadership

Postby Frigga » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:15 pm

‘All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.’ – Gandalf the Grey

“If you took this thing on yourself, unwilling, at others' asking, then you have pity and honour from me. And I marvel at you.." - Faramir

For the past month or so, there has been discussion among staff about how to address the need for stronger, more present top leadership to propel our ever-expanding game through the end of our Alpha phase, and into Beta and beyond. With ever increasing duties and responsibilities in both my and Icarus' personal so-called real lives, we are unable to continue to fill that role with the daily vigor and devotion it so faithfully requires.

As such, Nimrod, our ever faithful coder and vanguard shall not only be returning to Elder Staff, but taking on the role as sole Lead Staffer to provide a firm, singular hand to ensuring we continue our work and expansion in line with a uniform vision and plan.

Elder Staff as a collective body shall continue as a Board of Directors to give feedback and advise to our Lead Staffer, Nimrod, in our areas of interest, knowledge, and oversight.

I, Frigga, will thus be stepping into a role as a Cultural and Crafting Lead within that Lead Staff framework. I will also continue in a role as Regent with an authority of veto power as part of ensuring our faithful relationship with the Tolkien estate as the proxy to our legal Game Owner, Traithe.

Let us all please thank Nimrod for his continued and long-standing involvement with and devotion to our game and community, and his willingness to take on this role to ensure our continued improvement and success.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Re: Change in Game Leadership

Postby Nimrod » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:50 pm

God help us all. I'll be coordinating with staff right away to drive towards our goals. I welcome your discussions as they have existed in the forums and encourage all to debate the ins and outs of anything you wish.

This does not mean I will always agree with you, but it does mean I will always listen. I will be as forthright as I can be in all discussions. Do not mistake my bluntness for an attack on your character or your ideas.

Regarding our Elder Staff (Board of Directors) and Frigga's continuing role: I will be working closely with our Elder Staffers to push forward the game with a unified vision. If any of you are worried that this is an extension of leadership by committee, I would calm those fears by pointing out that I am sole lead and will be personally responsible for every single thing that goes on in the game. There will be no blame-shifting to Elder Staff, if there is a problem I am the one to blame. I am not beholding to follow Elder Staff's recommendations, but only a fool would dismiss what they have to say.

Regarding Frigga's continued involvement: I have known Frigga, and regarded her as my best and most stalwart online friend for the past decade. Her vision and mine for SoI are as close to complete unity as I believe two people can be. I do not shy from the 'veto' powers that she retains as I know if she flexes that right then I'm really screwing something up and I'd better re-examine what I'm doing.

Frigga has withstood the test of time. She has never wavered in her commitment to this game. We all owe her a huge debt. Her work has gone mostly unrecognized by the general game population, through sheer force of will she has endured the most difficult time in SoI's history and has brought us to the brink of success once again. I thank her from the bottom of my heart.

There are many more to thank for their tireless work and dedication, you know how much I appreciate all that you've done and continue to do.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Staff Announcements

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login