It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:28 am
Change font size

Staff Announcements

Quality Rolls on Weapons & Armor

Game related announcements from the staff, including RPTs, general plot information, etc...

Moderator: Elder Staff

Quality Rolls on Weapons & Armor

Postby Icarus » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:43 pm

I wanted to make this its own announcement, at I'm sure you folks will be thrilled to hear it. Please give a round of applause to Ceredir for this fantastic work. He did an amazing statistical analysis that involved hundreds of points of data to create a report of our previous method, and made suggestions for the new methodology. It's remarkable work, and I'm tickled to death at it. Kudos!

Ceredir wrote:Quality rolls have been completely redone. Coming with a next reboot, you should start seeing some serious differences. A few things to note:

- Solid quality is now actually a thing. For more experienced crafters, it will be -the- most common result.
- As your skill rises, your chance of rolling a shoddy or poorly-crafted object goes down. It does reach zero at certain points.
- Exceptional/master quality objects will now be EXTREMELY rare. Only the most skilled crafters in game have a tiny tiny chance to make one of these. This is not a bug, but rather a feature.

Even though a lot of testing has been done on BP and a lot of counting, spreadsheet-writing and graph-drawing has gone into this, there might be a tiny bug to be squashed in case a typo has been done or a variable miscounted. Please feel free to use the ticket system or the typo command in case you spot a problem. The more info you can give, the better (what craft, which objects used, what happened...).
If you see anything in game that says that it is 'of a rather unremarkable quality', please let me know via a typo report.

Please note I haven't gotten around to finishing this move over for poor weapons, which will for now still use the old system. Should get that done tomorrow.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Re: Quality Rolls on Weapons & Armor

Postby Meneldor » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Thank you very much!!!!
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Return to Staff Announcements

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login