It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 am
Change font size

Staff Queries

Dual armor

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Dual armor

Postby Saellyn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 pm

What should I do if somebody is wearing two pieces of primary armor? Beyond handling it IC by making incredulous comments, is it proper to petition up or send a support ticket with sdescs, item lists to show what they're wearing, and char names if I know them?
Saellyn
Dwarf Recruit

Re: Dual armor

Postby Frigga » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:53 am

Do we have a more specific example?

As wearing a leather vest over a gambeson, for example, I wouldn't personally have an issue with. Two hauberks though, yeah, that's a bit weird. ;)
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Re: Dual armor

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Petition is a good option here as it's kind of a timely issue. Staff needs to see what's going on at the time as looking at it later may not yield the same results. The player may have removed a piece of armor or not be online.

If you don't get an answer via petition you've done all you can do. Let it go. If you see it again, petition again. If we have time, we'll take a look.

Please don't petition over and over though. A good rule of thumb here is to petition once regarding what you're looking at, then set your status message for each issue you're dealing with. Multiple petitions over the same thing just make more work for staff as we have to work our way through every single petition in the log and reply to it.

We discourage players from trying to act as roleplay police. Using the ooc command to tell someone they shouldn't be doing something is the best way to cause angst, avoid it and simply report the problem to staff. This is Alpha,we're working some issues out.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login