It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:37 am
Change font size

Staff Queries

Sole-Wield vs Dual-Wield

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Sole-Wield vs Dual-Wield

Postby Bones » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:02 am

I've been informed by some players that sole wield governs both wielding a weapon in one hand, and having a weapon in a two-handed grip, and that dual wield is two weapons, or a sword and shield.. However the Wiki states that..

SOLE-WIELD
This skill's primary attributes is AGILITY
Dual-Wield and Sole-Wield are both "style" skills used passive and actively in melee combat. The "style" skill you use is determined
by the current equipment your character is holding. If your character is holding a shield and a weapon OR they have a single weapon
wielded in both hands, then Dual-Wield is used. Sole-wield is holding a single weapon with both hands or in one hand and nothing else.

DUAL-WIELD
**Requires Sole-Wield**
This skill's primary attributes are AGILITY and DEXTERITY
The effectiveness of one's ability to wield a weapon in both hands, defensively and offensively, normally characterized by
a double-handed grip.

Can we get clarification? Or can I? It seems, unless I'm reading this wrong, that both skills state they use a single weapon with both hands/double-handed grip..

Sorry. Just asking. :)
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Re: Sole-Wield vs Dual-Wield

Postby Nimrod » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Sole-Wield:
The effectiveness of one's ability to wield a single weapon (not a shield), both defensively and offensively, allowing for the use of the WARD command. Use of the single weapon may be in either hand or both. Players wishing to use the sword and shield combination are urged to choose the Dual-Wield skill in addition to Sole-Wield. Choosing Sole-Wield is required in order to select Dual-Wield.

Dual-Wield:
The effectiveness of one's ability to wield a weapon in both hands, defensively and offensively. The sword and shield combination use the dual-wield skill and allows the use of the BASH command. Dual weapons, one in each hand requires the use of Dual-Wield and allows for the use of the FEINT command. Sole-Wield is a prerequisite for Dual-Wield and must be chosen before you are allowed to select this skill.

If this conflicts with the wiki, please let me know and I'll get someone to fix it.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: Sole-Wield vs Dual-Wield

Postby Nimrod » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:35 pm

The big thing here is that a shield is considered a defensive WEAPON in these definitions.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login