It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:08 am
Change font size

Staff Queries

Dodge, Deflect, and first hits

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Dodge, Deflect, and first hits

Postby Misclicked » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:38 pm

If this doesn't belong here or isn't appropriate, feel free to delete.

I just had a few questions re: the dodge and deflect skills, as I'm not entirely sure how combat works in conjunction with them in the game.

For example:
You sidestep a large, aggressive wolf with sandy fur as she bites wildly at you!

It feels like I'm using the dodge skill here, but I read somewhere that it's deflect?

Actually, when do I use the dodge skill? I read that it applies when I'm fighting unarmed.

A large, aggressive wolf with sandy fur bites at you with her sharp teeth but broadly misses.

Again, dodge skill, deflect skill, or was their attack roll so low that no check was run on deflect?

Finally, I have noticed a trend that if a wild creature roams into my room and attacks me first, they often easily get their first hit in with considerable damage. Am I defending against their first attack with the dodge skill, rather than deflect, and then it switches to deflect as combat proceeds? It feels like that, but I have no idea if that's true.

Thanks!
Misclicked
Verified Member

Re: Dodge, Deflect, and first hits

Postby Nimrod » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:52 pm

It's pretty simple. If you're holding a defensive weapon (shield) you'll use deflect. If not, you'll use dodge.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login