It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 am
Change font size

Staff Queries

Brawling

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Brawling

Postby Songweaver » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:50 pm

A) Does Brawling, meaning fighting without a weapon, utilize Sole-Wield, Dual-Wield, or does it get a bonus vs neither of those skills?

B) If it doesn't relate to Sole-Wield or Dual-Wield, does that mean that (assuming you don't have those skills, and just brawling), fighting unarmed vs an armed opponent with Sole-Wield or Dual-Wield will always put you at a significant disadvantage?
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Re: Brawling

Postby Grommit » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:55 pm

A) Brawling uses neither skill.

B) When you are brawling vs an armed opponent, your Offense score is used in lieu of your style score.

C stands for Corollary) Therefore yes, good eye finding a malus for the poor wargies. They have other perks, of course. Significant is a relative term, since the gap between style skills is capped within certain limits. If this is a problem in practice, one workaround would be to give Wargs the style skills at a medium-high level. However, NPC wargs suffer the same issue, and they're still scary. Ultimately the balancing is about whether the end result is as tough as desired and there are no unreasonable exploits, yeah? If point C isn't why you were asking, then ignore me. If I did guess sort of correctly, then I will be happy to provide technical consultation per Senior Staff's review of what is permitted to be shared to help guide the discussion for how this might be addressed.
Grommit
Game Coder

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login