It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:08 pm
Change font size

Staff Queries

Utterby Expansion and Houses

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Utterby Expansion and Houses

Postby Melkor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:39 am

When the expansion to Utterby's east side is completed and characters are able to purchase/build houses, will we then be able to sell those houses back for a reasonable price when the move to Laketown takes place? It seems pointless to put in all the effort/coin into buying a house only to have it yanked out from under us when we move on.

Or is this entirely moot because there will be a character wipe between alpha and beta?
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Re: Utterby Expansion and Houses

Postby Icarus » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:24 am

There will not be a player wipe.

I'm sure that elder staff will make sure there is something or other as far as making sure players who put in hard work here in Utterby don't get screwed over.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Re: Utterby Expansion and Houses

Postby Nimrod » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:59 pm

Every deal so far has included a clause that allows the business/home owner to transfer their assets to Laketown. FYI - prices in Laketown will vary much more than they do in Utterby, so don't expect to transfer your little Utterby shop to Market Circle without having to kick in a significant amount of coin.

No. No player wipes. It'll be a natural transition. :twisted:
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login