It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:04 pm
Change font size

Staff Queries

Rolling VS.

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Rolling VS.

Postby Nedinu » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:14 pm

I was wondering what the current state of rolling vs a stat/skill was. I liked using it before on Atonement and Parallel to do various activities not supported by code, but I remember people complaining that it was too random. Has this been modified to be not as luck-based, or were people over-reacting before?
Nedinu
Verified Member

Re: Rolling VS.

Postby Nimrod » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:05 am

The ROLL command was from the original SoI code. We've not modified anything since we've started this iteration. If we get multiple reports that the system seems out of whack, we may take a look at the process.

I'm pretty sure that folks may have been over-reacting to getting results they were hoping not to get.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: Rolling VS.

Postby Grommit » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:22 pm

It's actually a little different than I recall the original roll VS code in SOI, because I don't remember having difficulty classes last time.

This time you can set your difficulty for the task you're rolling to determine:

veryeasy
easy
medium
hard
veryhard

We used some rolls for the wrestling contest at the Festival, and the outcomes were fairly consistent with the comparative stats of the PCs involved in the areas rolled for.
Grommit
Game Coder

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login