It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:55 pm
Change font size

Staff Queries

Char Gen Questions Regarding Roles and Skills

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Char Gen Questions Regarding Roles and Skills

Postby Faroukel » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:01 pm

Hello,
So I've been playing around with chargen (no I'm not going to retire my pc! I swears it!) for fun as I am weird like that.

I came up with a few questions that I was curious about, and so without further adieu, here they are.

I've noticed there's roles and races posted under staff approved roles that are not hard coded into char gen. Why? Are they special application, are they not actually currently available but a planned role for Laketown? (this also lead to the question of why Beornings were a playable role unless it was to open a Dunlending-esque camp a la Bomani or something or that sort but thats a different discussion)

The second question was about skill selection. I like how it's set up right now with the different levels of expertise at 4, 6, or 8 skills selected respectively, but what if you pick 5? Is the skill change incremental in single digits or pairs?
"Youse maggoty lout! Get'cher arse on da move an' quit youse yappin!"
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Re: Char Gen Questions Regarding Roles and Skills

Postby Rishte » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Hello!

Roles - We are in the process of streamlining some new roles and races available with RPP that we have yet to code into chargen for a couple of reasons. One, we are working on pre-game shops for roles and races as well as RPP, and two, we are working on automating some of the uses of RPP and this takes a little time for us. The roles presently coded are the ones we go by the most as some of those posted in that announcement are rather outdated aside from the new Beorning ones. When in doubt, ask! We love the use of Support Tickets for role questions as it gives the whole team a chance to weigh in.

Skill Selection - If you choose 5, it counts as 6 in terms of the point system, same with 7 counting as 8. I hope that makes sense!
Rishte
The Shadow

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login