It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 pm
Change font size

Staff Queries

Typo vs Support Ticket

Official answers to official questions. Pose your questions for staff here. Careful! You cannot edit or delete your posts once you've asked your question!

Moderator: Elder Staff

Typo vs Support Ticket

Postby Pinklepea » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:15 pm

I'm not quite grasping the proper uses of typo vs support, so I'm asking for some clarification, please.

Nimrod wrote:The issue with not being able to drop anything in a room should be typo'd. It's a builder issue.

Code: Select all
>HELP TYPO
If you disagree with the way something is depicted, or have something that you would like to see added/changed, are having issues with a craft, object, prog, etc. please see Help Support. The use of typo is only for typos.
Vorondil: Nimrod will run me over with his tractor if I do
Pinklepea
Forum Hobbit

Re: Typo vs Support Ticket

Postby Nimrod » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:10 pm

I've updated the help file. I hope this answers your question.

If you disagree with the way something is depicted, or have something that you would like to see added/changed, are having issues with a craft, object, prog, etc.please see Help Support. The use of typo is only for typos, and reporting on things that Nimrod tells you to use typos for.

:lol:
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:12 pm

FYI - The reason I asked you to typo the dropping thing is that there are quite a few rooms throughout Utterby that have this prog, or smallroom flag set. It's super-simple for our builders to fix, plus they love getting typo reports. :)

Plus reporting it with the typo command gives us the exact room number, where if you report via support you have to get the room name exactly right and then we have to hunt for it. So it saves us a bit of time by going directly to builders rather than me having to pass word on to them or do it myself.

Thanks.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Taurgalas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:52 am

Let's add in support vs. petition on here!
Petition in emergency, when you have an immediate issue and see an imm on, or with "crud, that reboot just ate my stuff."

We like to get through petitions as fast as we can, but for a lot of the previously stated situations, we're likely to point you towards support tickets. Broken craft? Support. Incorrect grammar in a line of craft? Typo. My craft failed and ate my stuff? Support with name of craft and list of lost items. (No, those ingots of mithril weren't in your craft.)

We don't get upset when you mix them up, but please don't mind when our responses are to point you where we want you to go, or try to elicit more information.
[Petition:***] Why is there a pretty pink pony with doe eyes and a party-balloon cutie mark in the group?

*** orc player name edited out for his/her own protection.
Taurgalas
Master Ent

Return to Staff Queries

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login