It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:48 am
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

Atonement

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Atonement

Postby jdidds » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:14 am

I keep seeing people mention this on the forums. What is it?
Code: Select all
There is currently 1 soul braving the world all alone.
jdidds
Elf Recruit

Re: Atonement

Postby tehkory » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:28 am

jdidds wrote:I keep seeing people mention this on the forums. What is it?

A sci-fi RPI developed by/run by various figures, owned by Songweaver/Kithrater. Icarus was rather heavily involved over a long period of time, as were Holmes/Octavius.

We use its codebase, edited back to almost Middle-Earth. There's currently another (99%-defunct) RPI still limping along using a slightly-divergent codebase with a few extra functions this one lacks(I quite like the code additions, but that MUD is deaaaaaad).

Though, Cormac's picked it up recently. Maybe it'll keep hobbling along?

www.parallelrpi.com
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby jdidds » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:45 am

Cool. Thanks for the reply :)
Code: Select all
There is currently 1 soul braving the world all alone.
jdidds
Elf Recruit

Postby Eugene » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:39 pm

I'm surprised it's easily talked about since I recall it being a bit of a sore spot. Then again, I probably just talked to Kite too much.
Eugene
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Icarus » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Considering half our IMMs are from old SOI, and half from Atone, think we repaired the bridge.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Bogre » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:32 pm

And a great deal of our players were involved with both.
Bogre
Verified Member

Postby Raukran » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:50 pm

It's where I cut my teeth on the RPI engine. Somewhere in alpha is where I lost my soul.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby toofast » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:10 pm

Atonement is a way of life.

Also, last I heard crayon was taking PRPI's server/codebase etc. and using it to create a new MUD that he has been messing around with. Wouldn't put money into it, but I'll give him my best wishes. Sounds like an Alpha-ish setting, if he's even still working on it.
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby radioactivejesus » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:20 pm

toofast wrote:Atonement is a way of life.

Also, last I heard crayon was taking PRPI's server/codebase etc. and using it to create a new MUD that he has been messing around with. Wouldn't put money into it, but I'll give him my best wishes. Sounds like an Alpha-ish setting, if he's even still working on it.

I checked out the development forum for that mud. It's been overrun by 10,0000 spambots with not a single real post in sight
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby toofast » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:44 pm

Sounds like a good start. This board needs more spam bot posts, they always gave me a good laugh.
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 am

I'm a huge supporter of new RPI's and love to see people get involved with trying to make their dreams a reality. I don't see any reason why we can't support those who are working so hard. Plus it's a good way for people to learn how to build, craft and prog so they can come back here and build for us! ;P

If there's enough interest, I'd be willing to bring the idea to the other Elder Staff members to create a dedicated forum here for indie mud producers needing a hand with code and such.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby radioactivejesus » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:43 pm

Nimrod wrote:I'm a huge supporter of new RPI's and love to see people get involved with trying to make their dreams a reality. I don't see any reason why we can't support those who are working so hard. Plus it's a good way for people to learn how to build, craft and prog so they can come back here and build for us! ;P

If there's enough interest, I'd be willing to bring the idea to the other Elder Staff members to create a dedicated forum here for indie mud producers needing a hand with code and such.

that sounds like an awesome idea.
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby toofast » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:38 pm

+1 for Nimrod's idea, it's awesome.
toofast
Elf Recruit

Postby Holmes » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:54 pm

toofast wrote:Atonement is a way of life.

It's still being worked on- but both he and Chazz are extremely busy over the summer and so there won't be much progress on it again until September.

The code changes that have been implemented are extremely interesting from what I've been told of them, though.
Holmes
Elf Recruit

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login