It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:01 pm
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

Little fun: Interview the Person Above You

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Little fun: Interview the Person Above You

Postby WhiteWhale » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:07 am

Taking this from another forum and putting it here. :)

Interview the person above you. Ignore the first post and go on from there. Meant to be a little fun is all.
Keep Calm Chive On
WhiteWhale
Forum Hobbit

Re: Little fun: Interview the Person Above You

Postby Jeshin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:35 am

Favorite colour?
Favorite spelling of the word color?
Orc or Human for life?
How many years have you been MUDing?
How many years have you RPed?
How many pets do you currently own?
How many pets and what kind would you -want- to own?
Lord of the rings, Game of thrones, Wheel of time, Kingslayer chronicles (Patrick Rothfuss) which do you swear loyalty too?
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby MarcusSaint » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:17 am

All good questions,

Sooooo....

Ork or Human for life?
How many years have you been MUDing?
How many years have you RPed?
How many pets do you currently own?
How many pets and what kind would you -want- to own?
What part of the world do you live in?
How old are you?
Single, Married, Divorce? In that order? ;)
Kids? (Known or Unknown) :twisted:
Do you Sudoku?
Occupation?
What do you want to do next in life?
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese!!
MarcusSaint
Forum Hobbit

Postby Jeshin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:54 am

Human for life
10+ years for mudding, I stopped keeping track
10+ years again for RPing
I own 5 pets O.O
No more pets please!
I live in Arizona, MST for life!
I am mid-20s
I am dating WildGiller, you can guess we have some cats and a dog... and a bearded dragon.
No kids!
I do not sudoku, I texas hold'em
I am a professional trader (S&P 500, Crude oil, stocks)
It'd be super awesome if the next life was heaven instead of round 2.
Jeshin
Elf Recruit

Postby Alcarin » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:53 am

Is Necromancy good for the soul, or just the body?
What about Thread Necromancy?
Alcarin

Postby Saellyn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:54 pm

Great for the soul, bad for the body.
Great.

Chicken or ham?

Ham or chicken?
Saellyn
Dwarf Recruit

Postby tehkory » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:05 pm

Saellyn wrote:Great for the soul, bad for the body.
Great.

Chicken or ham?

Ham or chicken?

Chicken.
Chicken.

I think it should be "interview the person below you," maybe? For actual effectiveness? It's "compliment above," of course, but "interview below." Meaning the next person ought to answer my questions, for this thread to be worth anything/not become cyclical.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Alcarin » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:16 pm

tehkory wrote:I think it should be "interview the person below you," maybe? For actual effectiveness? It's "compliment above," of course, but "interview below." Meaning the next person ought to answer my questions, for this thread to be worth anything/not become cyclical.

I agree.

Hot weather or cold weather?
Dogs or cats?
Elves or dwarves?
Orcs or men?
Birds or Elephants?
Alcarin

Postby Red » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:54 pm

Cold weather, we love it in New Zealand.

Cats. I have a dog, but I enjoy my cat a lot more due to it's unpredictable nature and feral attitude.

Dwarves. Manly race.

Orc. Very manly race.

Birds. I had one but it was a lot of work so I got rid of it.

---

Have you traveled, if so, where and how was it?

General hobbies?

Are you a likeable or dislikable person?

Tell me what you know about New Zealand without googling or wiki'ing.
Red
Forum Hobbit

Postby Hawkwind » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:52 pm

Red wrote:Have you traveled, if so, where and how was it?

General hobbies?

Are you a likeable or dislikable person?

Tell me what you know about New Zealand without googling or wiki'ing.

Traveled all over the world. Spain, Greece, America, Scotland, England, Minorca, Majorca. Loved it and am a massive fan of travelling to other countries and enjoying the company of locals. Having heard horror stories about the North-East of America, I sat on my shoes with all my baggage tied to my body and a large, hard-backed book down my side to bash the head in of anybody who tried to steal my bags or my shoes.

Hobbies are motorcycles, shooting, outdoors stuff.

I'm quite likable, generous, relaxed, easy going.

They bum sheep, they can't play rugby without doing a silly little dance. However Karl Urban is a badass actor and am willing to forgive him being a Kiwi. All in jest, is appears to be to Australia what Canada is to America, would love to visit and plan on doing so eventually.

Questions for the next.
Choice of music?
Your Dream career or vocation that is within your grasp?
Should I buy a Ford Mustang?
Apple or Android?
Do you own a gun?
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby Icarus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:55 pm

Phillip Glass.
Archeologist that recreates old stuff w/ historical methods.
No, overpriced.
Apple, but Android is good.
Two. A Kar98, and a Mosin.

---
Next:
1. What makes you sad?
2. What is over the Misty Mountains?
3. If you had my job as Elder, what would you do?
4. How did Kite last so long?
5. Trolls?
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Rivean » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 am

Icarus wrote:1. What makes you sad?
2. What is over the Misty Mountains?
3. If you had my job as Elder, what would you do?
4. How did Kite last so long?
5. Trolls?

1. The idea that my book(s) may never be finished. Several other things of a less personal and more political nature.

2. More improbable geography.

3. Make a perfect game, of course.

4. A combination of tenacity, endurance, and dedication (good), with a sense of entitlement, possession, and a tendency to very easily overlook (or be entirely oblivious to) his short comings as a leader (bad). Also, he was convinced that his critics hated him personally, which probably meant they just had a chip on their shoulder and were therefore wrong about everything (also bad).

5. Trolls should decide once and for all whether they want to be Tolkien trolls (huge, lumbering) or DnD trolls, (tall, spindly, pyrophobic) and let the rest of us know. This duality in the fantasy culture is more than my old man 256 mb RAM can handle.

Questions:

1. How do you think that the average, peak, and low range of RP quality has changed in SOI since the old days?

2. Who's your favorite SOI admin (only former staff please, no brown nosing here :P ) and why?

3. If SOI closed tomorrow and you had to mud somewhere else, where would it be? No, you cannot quit mudding.

4. If you absolutely had to sleep with one player from this game, who would it be? You may consider Brian to be gender fluid for the purposes of this question.

5. Is this the first time you have come across the term 'gender-fluid'?
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby ThinkTwice » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:06 am

Rivean wrote:Questions:

1. How do you think that the average, peak, and low range of RP quality has changed in SOI since the old days?

2. Who's your favorite SOI admin (only former staff please, no brown nosing here :P ) and why?

3. If SOI closed tomorrow and you had to mud somewhere else, where would it be? No, you cannot quit mudding.

4. If you absolutely had to sleep with one player from this game, who would it be? You may consider Brian to be gender fluid for the purposes of this question.

5. Is this the first time you have come across the term 'gender-fluid'?

1. From what I remember, I feel like quality has improved, or at least been made more accessible. Maybe I'm just more aggressive than I used to be, but getting to play with who I want IG has never felt as easy as it does here. It blew me out of the water when people were like "We have inclusiveness issues" in the other thread. Socials-only RP is socials-only RP, I don't really have anything to say about that, lol.

2. Probably Mir, because he gave off the right vibe that if you were involved in one of his plots, on a 1-10, something awesome happened, and on an 11-20, something awful happened. And I liked that.

3. Well. I'd prolly confer with the OOC contacts I have here, and shuffle on to be a noob at wherever my herd went.

4. I feel like when I look at this question, I see:

Code: Select all
If you absolutely had to sleep with one player from this game, who would it be?

A. Rivean
B. Rivaen
C. Riv
D. Rivean and EltaminRas

5. Haha, of course not. My wife reads a lot of fanfic.

for the next:
1. Greatest feeling you've ever had, that you feel comfortable recounting on a PG-13 board
2. Dream job
3. Favorite RP'd scene, and why it was the best
4. If you could only receive one superpower, what would it be, and why?
5. and ... uhh ... meaning of life and stuff.
ThinkTwice
Honored Dwarf

Postby Rivean » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:09 am

ThinkTwice wrote:4. I feel like when I look at this question, I see:

Code: Select all
If you absolutely had to sleep with one player from this game, who would it be?

A. Rivean
B. Rivaen
C. Riv
D. Rivean and EltaminRas

While I understand how the options you've listed are the only ones that would naturally (and repeatedly!) come to mind, I think I must state here that Nyneve's pretty hot too :P

ETA: You can probably get Nyneve and Aquaman as a packaged deal too!
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Hawkwind » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Rivean wrote:5. Is this the first time you have come across the term 'gender-fluid'?

Google: Define Genderfluid...
Having an overlap of, or indefinite lines between, gender identity and sexual and romantic orientation. two or more genders (bigender, trigender, pangender); without a gender (nongendered, genderless, agender; neutrois); moving between genders or with a fluctuating gender identity (genderfluid);

This only confuses me further.
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby Canawa » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Hawkwind wrote:
Rivean wrote:5. Is this the first time you have come across the term 'gender-fluid'?

Having an overlap of, or indefinite lines between, gender identity and sexual and romantic orientation. two or more genders (bigender, trigender, pangender); without a gender (nongendered, genderless, agender; neutrois); moving between genders or with a fluctuating gender identity (genderfluid);

Gender fluid, isn't that what they change on Bender so he can participate in the Women robot olympics?

Edited to interview:

Do you like American Ninja Warrior?
If you do, want to be best friends?
Canawa
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Brian » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:34 pm

Hawkwind wrote:

It basically means that if you take a given person (I'll use myself as an example, since myself is what Riv used :p) I might sometimes feel like I am male, I might sometimes feel like I am female, I might sometimes feel like I am both male and female, or perhaps that I have qualties of masculinity and femininity but they aren't separate entities but are one. I might not identify with either male or female at all. Orrrrr, I might identify as all of those things, all of the time.

Then you tie it in with sexuality, so perhaps I am identifying as a man, but I am sexually attracted to men, but I don't identify myself as gay, because that's not what I feel my orientation is. I might identify as neither male or female, but perhaps I consider myself heterosexual because I have man parts, and am attracted to women, but my identity is not as a man.

The permutations are basically infinite. I know some people who have tendencies towards this sort of thing. They prefer to think of gender (which they define as how you identify personally, not as your physical bits) as something with infinite variations, not as a binary.

ETA:

I don't know what American Ninja Warrior is, but I don't like the sound of it.

1) What is compelling for you in the game right now?
2) What draws you to roleplay, and particularly this presentation of roleplay?
3) Do you sometimes feel that your gameplaying habits are unhealthy, or do you wish that you expressed them in a different way that would feel more balanced?
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby EltanimRas » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:01 am

Brian wrote:1) What is compelling for you in the game right now?
2) What draws you to roleplay, and particularly this presentation of roleplay?
3) Do you sometimes feel that your gameplaying habits are unhealthy, or do you wish that you expressed them in a different way that would feel more balanced?

Well, I was hoping somebody who's really blossoming in SoI's current incarnation would answer Brian's questions, but, in the interests of keeping the thread alive:

1. I like the potential for tension between different ideals, different values, and different senses of right and wrong in the current human sphere. I suspect there are some great and as yet largely hidden character backstories that may interact beautifully both with each other and with these larger tensions, once they start to come out. SCA-style simulationism, supernatural plots, and the skill/branch grind, on the other hand, are all less compelling than they once were.

2. I love the thrill that comes with the rare just-right think or emote, or better yet, when a single scene hits one lovely note after another. There's a nice mix of challenge and achievability in the process of striving toward those moments, too.

3. Well ... #2, above, does have that insidious variable reward structure for which slot machines are so infamous. Even otherwise, though, I often feel that if I'm playing casually enough for the game not to displace more productive activity, I'm not playing seriously enough to really get into my character, your character, and the larger narrative -- there doesn't seem to be a happy medium. And then RPIs lend themselves to terribly sad stories, too, which aren't always the best to let yourself get too thoroughly immersed in.

I think we skipped this question set, which I leave to the next poster:

ThinkTwice wrote:1. Greatest feeling you've ever had, that you feel comfortable recounting on a PG-13 board
2. Dream job
3. Favorite RP'd scene, and why it was the best
4. If you could only receive one superpower, what would it be, and why?
5. and ... uhh ... meaning of life and stuff.
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Fulgrim » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:45 am

@ThinkTwice

1) Probably the hardship I endured as part of a team. Having something that pushed me as a person and tested my boundaries and sent me outside of my comfort zone was interesting to say the least.

2) Retired writer. I'd like to do something interesting beforehand, though I'm not sure what yet. Probably a compromising position and maybe some better options down the road. I just want to relax and get creative.

3) Hard. I did a lot, saw a lot. I'd have to say it was probably a scene with Derren, somewhere along the way. I'm not sure if it was a serious scene or a sad scene or a hysterical scene.

4) Saving a life.

5) The world is against you. Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women. Be uncompromising to your enemies and make them regret attacking you. Be generous and forgiving to your friends at all times. Absolutely make those who would harm them regret ever getting up that day.

NEW QUESTIONS

1: Why would you give up on a game?
2: How many duck-sized horses or horse-sized ducks can you fit in your bathtub?
3: Are you free next sunday? I'll bring the wine. ;)
4: What's something you've always wanted to do but were afraid of trying, not necessarily because of danger?
5: Let's get down to the real deal...are you a butt wo/man?
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login