It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:34 am
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

MUD client for Mac

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

MUD client for Mac

Postby gtkaca » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 pm

ok guys, previously I used MUSHclient to play SoI and MUD on Windows but now I'm stuck with Mac here. I'm sure some of you use Mac too, whats a good client to use here?
gtkaca
Verified Member

Re: MUD client for Mac

Postby Hazgarn » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1096

Hope there's some helpful information there.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Eugene » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:58 pm

There are GMUD clients that work for OS X, and I swear by GMUD. I've used GMUD for over ten years. In terms of bells and whistles, I can't really comment because I don't use them. However, it works and it's simple. That's why I like it.
Eugene
Dwarf Recruit

Postby gyre » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:31 am

I can't recommend Atlantis enough: http://www.riverdark.net/atlantis/

All the autologging, highlighting etc is very easy to use and it's easy to customise to your own preferred set up. I haven't used anything else since Icarus recommended it years ago.
gyre
Verified Member

Postby WildGiller » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:52 am

gyre wrote:I can't recommend Atlantis enough: http://www.riverdark.net/atlantis/

All the autologging, highlighting etc is very easy to use and it's easy to customise to your own preferred set up. I haven't used anything else since Icarus recommended it years ago.

I too use Atlantis with great success
WildGiller
Honored Dwarf

Postby Rivean » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:56 am

This is not a Mac problem, but since I've lost my CMUD and my purchase email (it was actually Lasair that bought it for me, lo all those years ago, and I wouldn't dream of troubling her about it now), I've been using Mushclient and MY GOD - it is so convoluted and difficult to use by comparison to Zmud and Cmud.

I imagine it's a breeze for people who have actual programming experience though.
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Letters » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:05 am

Rivean wrote:This is not a Mac problem, but since I've lost my CMUD and my purchase email (it was actually Lasair that bought it for me, lo all those years ago, and I wouldn't dream of troubling her about it now), I've been using Mushclient and MY GOD - it is so convoluted and difficult to use by comparison to Zmud and Cmud.

I imagine it's a breeze for people who have actual programming experience though.

I have actual programming experience.

That by no means indicates that I am a good programmer. Passable, but with large gaps in my knowledge of what should be basic stuff.

I spent over an hour trying to get a simple timer to work on MUSHclient. I failed.
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby Rivean » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:09 am

Letters wrote:
Rivean wrote:This is not a Mac problem, but since I've lost my CMUD and my purchase email (it was actually Lasair that bought it for me, lo all those years ago, and I wouldn't dream of troubling her about it now), I've been using Mushclient and MY GOD - it is so convoluted and difficult to use by comparison to Zmud and Cmud.

I have actual programming experience.

That by no means indicates that I am a good programmer. Passable, but with large gaps in my knowledge of what should be basic stuff.

I spent over an hour trying to get a simple timer to work on MUSHclient. I failed.

I'm half tempted to revert to whatever ancient version of Zmud (3.something?) is freely available.

(Edited to fix quote/text mixup)
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Endiron » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:58 pm

I've been using Atlantis for years, and no problem here. I could recommend it for SOI.
Endiron
Verified Member

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login