It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:29 pm
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

Feast Of Tabernacles- Live Stream by Sagachi!!!

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Feast Of Tabernacles- Live Stream by Sagachi!!!

Postby sagachi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:30 am

Hey there, as most will know, I am a Christian. And many of my beliefs shine through with how I play. I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be. As it is though, I keep the feastdays as commanded by the bible. The longest and most exciting is the Feast of Tabernacles which takes place in the autumn and is meant to herald and proclaim the coming Kingdom.

For those interested, I am providing LIVE streaming of the services of the Church of God in Jekyll Island, Georgia! Click the link below to join in, and enjoy!

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/ytl/ ... iBQB1LbR4=
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Re: Feast Of Tabernacles- Live Stream by Sagachi!!!

Postby sagachi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:32 am

forgot to add, services today are starting around 2:30 and are set to run a couple hours, and if you wanted to join in but missed out, I AM recording it as well, so just drop your request and pm me your email and I will send you a copy. Otherwise, there will be services until the 16th so there will be many chances to join in.
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Postby tehkory » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:06 pm

*pokes his head in*
SUKKOT! My church celebrates this, too, though we don't quite sleep in a booth for eight days, though some of us have built a booth and slept out in in for a day or two.

We tend to have an outdoor church service, as a remembrance. I love the 'extra' festivals that a lot of Christians miss out on, though Passover's my favorite(and Purim is downright -fun-).
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby sagachi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:16 pm

we are currently live, hop in
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Postby Red » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:17 pm

Dafuq
Red
Forum Hobbit

Postby sagachi » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:58 am

here is today's link. We will be on air promptly at 10:30 am eastern

https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/ytl/ ... a2QUDksEY=
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Postby Nimrod » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:39 pm

sagachi wrote:And many of my beliefs shine through with how I play.

Do you think you've been a good witness through your in-game actions?
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby sagachi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 am

as I've mentioned I'm not perfect. none of us are. But I try. I would refer you to the sentence immediately after that segment you quoted. And please try not to attack me publicly like this again. You are supposed to be Admin, and attacking players like that is pretty low.
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Postby tehkory » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Nimrod wrote:
sagachi wrote:And many of my beliefs shine through with how I play.

Do you think you've been a good witness through your in-game actions?

sagachi wrote:as I've mentioned I'm not perfect. none of us are. But I try. I would refer you to the sentence immediately after that segment you quoted. And please try not to attack me publicly like this again. You are supposed to be Admin, and attacking players like that is pretty low.

I came in viewing the first question as an honest inquiry that was poorly put, but it seems like you two have a history. We're not particularly privy to that history, Nimrod, and it seems you're driving at things that are neither relevant nor best viewed publicly. You two should probably take this to private messages, as it sure does seem to be an Admin's-eye perspective you're talking about.

*shrugs*
More on topic, it's terribly fascinating to me to see Christians incorporating Jewish festivals, especially ones Christ is recorded as celebrating. One of the most famous portions of Christ's message was delivered on the final day of Sukkot("I am the Light of the world" delivered during the lighting of torches, "I am the water of life" delivered during the pouring of water), and the Last Supper is a Passover Service. It reminds me of the celebration of Sukkot in Ezra-Nehemiah, where near a thousand years had passed with the festival forgotten.

I don't think anyone's terribly offended that I posted those factoids, Nimrod, even if they could've looked it up themselves.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Nimrod » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Tehkory probably has the right of it. I've deleted my last post and am bowing out.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Red » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:29 pm

I don't know how anyone could find watching this interesting lol.
Red
Forum Hobbit

Postby sagachi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:44 am

its more for those who have an better in actually keeping a Holy day. because it isn't a 'jewish' festival. But the Christians have forgotten it. Even the protestants that founded this country kept it. It was later skewed as Thanksgiving which bears an identical theme. Those that want to keep it were given a chance to hear some of the message. Due to injury I'll be unable to attend the rest and unable to stream.
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Postby tehkory » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:52 am

sagachi wrote:its more for those who have an better in actually keeping a Holy day. because it isn't a 'jewish' festival. But the Christians have forgotten it. Even the protestants that founded this country kept it. It was later skewed as Thanksgiving which bears an identical theme. Those that want to keep it were given a chance to hear some of the message. Due to injury I'll be unable to attend the rest and unable to stream.

Oh, it's certainly a Jewish festival, Sagachi. You can try and dispute that, but it's celebrated by millions of Jews, both in Israel and worldwide. Whether or not it's a Christian one as well is the question, and I'd say we're on the same page there. Anything past that is just internecine hairsplitting. I'm in full agreement that it went forgotten(see my point on Ezra-Nehemiah) along with the others Christians skip or ignore yearly.

Red, there's been a FishPlaysPokemon Twitch stream with tens of thousands of viewers, and one for a rock as well. Seeing somebody celebrate a unique festival was of mild interest for a few minutes, at least to me.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby sagachi » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:52 am

thing is, the feast of booths was celebrated almost a thousand years before the jewish faith existed. Before the House of Israel existed. Before even Noah. It is originally a harvest festival similar to thanksgiving
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Postby Eugene » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:16 am

Yet, you're still Nontrinitarian. ;)
Eugene
Dwarf Recruit

Postby sagachi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:04 pm

see trinity means he is three in one. Bible does not say this.
bible literally says he is One.
1st Commandment
Debarim (Deut) 5:6-7 I am YâHuWaH יהוה your Elohim (Almighty) who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim (Egypt), out of the house of bondage (slavery). You have no other mighty ones (gods) against My face.

Read more: http://yahuwahthecreator.proboards.com/ ... z3H0oHlo9Y

Further study indicates Elohim also means One and only.

For me, this is what I believe. You are WELCOME to post any comments to this offensive or not. I encourage it. I will not get upset over this unless it is a direct personal attack ok?
Winter is coming...
sagachi
Verified Member

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login