It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 am
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

MUD Contest - Vote for SoI!

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

MUD Contest - Vote for SoI!

Postby Erucolindo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Recently I've been promoting Shadows of Isildur on reddit in the rpg gamers reddit, both with a post about MUD's in general as well as in response to players looking for immersive roleplaying games. Now I'm expanding that to the Let's MUD! contest on /r/mud.

What is the Contest?: The contest is a way to drive players towards different MUD's in month-long increments (Though many continue after), to try out new MUD's that the community finds interesting. I submitted Shadows of Isildur as a candidate, and it's now one of the options to vote on!

What to Do: If you are a redditor already (Please do NOT sign up for reddit just to vote, that would be against the etiquette of the contest) all you have to do is go here, find the comment that says Shadows of Isildur, and cick the upvote icon to the left. That's it!

When Does the Contest End?: Friday at Noon EST. Then the winner will be revealed, and some number of players (I have no idea how many, as this contest is just restarting after a hiatus) will sign up. If SoI wins I'll make sure to immediately post a direct link to the character generation page and provide some basics to funnel people.

Admins: If this isn't appropriate, feel free to nuke the post. Otherwise, go forth and vote, redditors!
Erucolindo
Verified Member

Re: MUD Contest - Vote for SoI!

Postby Nimrod » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 pm

I've never been one for much advertising myself, but a grass-roots effort by players is more than welcome. Let us know how it turns out.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login