It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:52 pm
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

Client Configurations

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Client Configurations

Postby MarsGrad » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:28 pm

So I recently swapped over to Linux and had to find a new client as my old stand-by, MUSHclient, isn't supported without WINE. In the interest of not having to mess with that, I ended up trying out Potato, which, for the most part, I absolutely adore.

However...

For the life of me, I can't get it to display the prompts properly here. It cuts them off and sticks them on top of the output when I put in a new command, ie. I won't see health or stamina at all, but if I 'look' at the room, it'll slap the prompt on above the room desc.

So I googled and trolled around for a solution without any success for awhile, before eventually deciding to see if anyone else uses Potato here, and if they've managed to get it to work properly. That said, I figured there's no need to be entirely selfish, so if anyone else uses any other clients and have them configured awesomely, or have some fancy (non-powergamey) scripts or plugins or what have you, and you want to share them, now you have a place to do so.

I searched the forums, so I don't think this is a repeat thread, but if it is... my bad!
MarsGrad
Verified Member

Re: Client Configurations

Postby cfelch » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:18 am

I have no experience with potato, but it sounds to me like you are still getting the prompt, just the display info is suppressed.

Odds are, you just need to a trigger that will pull the info from the prompt and display it elsewhere (like a gauge).
Every point ever made was an argument.
cfelch
Elf Recruit

Postby Ceredir » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:05 am

Don't know that particular client, but it sounds like a problem with GA support to me. Look in your settings for a toggle for GA (GOAHEAD) or EOR?
I don't always test my code.
But when I do I do it on the player port.
Ceredir
Journeyman Architect

Postby MarsGrad » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:25 pm

I found the GA toggle you were talking about. Both checked and unchecked, though, it made no difference.
MarsGrad
Verified Member

Postby Holmes » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:32 pm

I'd suggest simply using Mudlet.
Holmes
Elf Recruit

Postby Eru » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:09 pm

Anyone know of any browser-based clients? SOI used to have one but I can't seem to find any. It'd give me a chance to play at work :?

ETA: Nevermind, found quite a few after some more searching.
Eru
Guide

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login