It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:08 am
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

Hello

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Hello

Postby Saellyn » Mon May 19, 2014 4:51 am

Hi. I am a returning player. A long time ago (about six or seven years), I was a player at SoI. I was doing fairly good, and in fact had some very intense roles. This came to a great clash when, unbeknownst to me, I was being accused of secretly sharing an IP (and/or dual accounting) with another player of the game. The administrators at that current era saw fit to, thus forth, make my stay at SoI very unfriendly.

I've returned here to give it another shot. If the former administrator of the game (Kite) is no longer in charge, then I think everyone who is currently on staff will find that I am both A) An easy player to work with, and B) love to get involved in interesting plots, whether or not my death is involved.

I used to play Saellyn, who some may remember as a Pel-Tirith (scout) for the Gondor army, who had a good friend named Malikai (the character whose account I was accused of sharing by an admin/staffer named Hawkes).

I'm not here to rant and rave about my bad experience. There was good RP to be had, some things I liked, and I was also quite a bit younger and more prone to rash actions. I've aged since, I've got a good career, and I'm happy to be returning if you'll have me back.
Saellyn
Dwarf Recruit

Re: Hello

Postby Nimrod » Mon May 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Nice to see you back. Don't break the rules and you'll be fine. If you are sharing an IP with someone, just let us know so we can verify things and we'll get you all set up. If we see something wonky, we'll ask about it. We're not on any kind of witch hunt, so don't sweat it. :)

Re: Kite. He's no longer an administrator, but we all look back with respect at the hard work he put into this game and thank him for the countless hours he put in to making this a better place. We all stand on the shoulders of those who've gone before us. They are a faceless lot and far too many to list here. Administering and building a game like this takes a lot of love and even more blood, sweat and tears.

I salute all those that have gone before me with admiration and respect.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login