It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:14 pm
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

Welcome to Night Vale

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Welcome to Night Vale

Postby Hazgarn » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Does anyone else listen to this podcast?

If you don't know what Welcome to Night Vale is, so far the best description I've managed to construct is this:

Imagine The Colbert Report, if Stephen Colbert was a community radio host living in Wonderland, only in an alternate dimension where Through the Looking Glass (not Alice in Wonderland, mind, Through the Looking Glass was much creepier) had been written by Philip K. Dick after a Lovecraft binge.

Or, in less lazy speak: I's a brilliant hybrid of horror and dark humor with an absurdist bent (and a tasty dash of indy music) in the form of a community newscast for a small desert town where horror is every day, conspiracy is the expected norm, and the laws of physics drink to forget.

All episodes can be downloaded or streamed here for free, except for the first recorded live show which is available for "pay-what-you-can" here.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Re: Welcome to Night Vale

Postby sod » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:12 am

I used to listen to this sometimes, it's neat. I should get back into it again.
sod
Forum Hobbit

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login