It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:33 am
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

Forum Names and Capitalisation

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Forum Names and Capitalisation

Postby Japheth » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Does it bother anyone else that the board clearly used whatever capitalisation you used when you first registered, to display your name? I would very much like to have my capital J, but don't seem to be able to fix it up afterwards.

Is there any legitimate reason for the board to not capitalise the first letter of people's account names? Is this a setting that can be changed for the board?
Do unto others, and then run away
http://www.futuremud.com
Japheth
Staffer Emeritus

Re: Forum Names and Capitalisation

Postby MrT2G » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 pm

I think you look fabulous as a little 'j' :lol:
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:30 pm

I'll happily capitalize anyone's name if they wish. I'll do yours right now, Japheth. Anyone else that needs it can just create a support ticket at www.middle-earth.us/support - Obviously include your forum user name and I'll get you fixed right up, though it may take some time to plow through them all.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Also... we're very happy to recognize all those that have gone before us with the Staffer Emeritus rank. We won't impose this rank on anyone that does not wish it, but if you're a former admin of SoI, feel free to drop me a line with the details and we'll get you set up with the proper rank. It won't give you any special privs, but it's nice to be able to say thank you to those that have given so much in the past.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login