It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 pm
Change font size

Out of Character Chatter

Star Citizen

Want to hang out and have a friendly, off-topic discussion with your fellow players and the staff? This is the place to do it.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Star Citizen

Postby Brian » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:25 pm

Is anybody involved in the alpha/lead up to Star Citizen being released as a full title? I bought a package that has given me access to the alpha dog-fighting module they've recently released and it's pretty neat so far. I wondered if anybody else here is involved or is planning to be involved with the game? If so we should make a corporation or whatever they're being called. This is pretty much my only online community so I thought it'd be fun to expand into another realm of game.

For those who haven't heard of Star Citizen I'll post the website below. So far it looks like it's going to be great.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com
Brian
Honored Elf

Re: Star Citizen

Postby MrT2G » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:14 am

Yerp.

EvE ignited my enjoyment of internet spaceships.

I curious to see how Star Citizen does it, and thanks! I didn't know they had released the dogfighting mod until reading this post!
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Forceknight » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:18 am

It looks cool but its kinda scary spending so much RL money on a ship when you don't really know how its gonna handle in-game. I'd hate to spend like $80 on one ship and then realise for like $20 more I could have had a ship thats twice as OP.
Forceknight
Forum Hobbit

Postby Hawkwind » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:00 am

JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby Icarus » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:05 am

I could be persuaded to give it a swing.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Letters » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:49 am

Been watching it since its announcement back in 2012, when I backed it.

Increasingly leery of it for various reasons. Key amongst them being their micro-transaction model, that they're pretty much incapable of keeping to a schedule, and that the gameplay of what has been released is pretty rubbish.
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby BoogtehWoog » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:22 am

I am very interested, but I am not going to give it any heed until it is much closer to release. No need to get hyped over something that could fail horrendously. And some of their practices, like Letters mentioned, are very suspect.
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby Raukran » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:51 am

I've been fanboying this game's potential for awhile now. Nezerin turned me onto the game originally when he helped kickstart it. I have a few ships and alpha access.
I am not responsible for the actions of my characters.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby Brian » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:05 am

Forceknight wrote:It looks cool but its kinda scary spending so much RL money on a ship when you don't really know how its gonna handle in-game. I'd hate to spend like $80 on one ship and then realise for like $20 more I could have had a ship thats twice as OP.

I definitely hear this. I backed only for the starter class ship because I just wanted to be able to get into the game and not worry too much about all that other stuff. I'll make my way up the ladder the old fashioned way once it's out.
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby Raukran » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:59 pm

I received my multiplayer dogfighting invite today. I haven't tried it yet though.
Raukran
Unverified User

Postby Brian » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:21 am

Interesting, I've only played against the bots, I wonder how different it will be with real players. I'd love to hear about it when you do try it.
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby Raukran » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:07 pm

I played a battle royale match on the Broken Moon map a little bit ago. The Dying Star map didn't load, and it looks like private matches are currently unavailable. There is battle royale mode and squadron modes currently available. The game I was in had about six people, and controls still felt sort of bouncy. It's been a few weeks since I last played though, so I'm probably rusty.
Raukran
Unverified User

Return to Out of Character Chatter

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login