It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:54 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Food value

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Food value

Postby Hazgarn » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Am I just imagining this, or does eating an item bite-by-bite fill you up better than eating an amount of it at once? It could completely be in my head, but it felt worth mentioning, though, since it seems to take an awful lot of food to fill yourself when you eat quickly. But it seems to require less if you take your time.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Re: Food value

Postby Tepes » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:16 pm

You're not imagining it. It seems food/drink values are kind of wonky.
Tepes
Honored Dwarf

Postby sod » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Having to eat ten steaks to be full is pretty mind boggling. It would be neat if the portions were made a little more realistic, and for balance reasons, maybe food was scarcer if it had to be. Making required portions of sips/bites really giant just makes the mechanic seem really ugly and not very immersey.
sod
Forum Hobbit

Postby Frigga » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Wait - is there like a "scarf it down" command? Lol, how have I missed this? Are there two different commands people are using to eat?

It would be neat if the portions were made a little more realistic, and for balance reasons, maybe food was scarcer if it had to be. Making required portions of sips/bites really giant just makes the mechanic seem really ugly and not very immersey.

Do you mean a big number of sips/bits?
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby RiderOnTheStorm » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:43 pm

You can do 'eat venison all' and it eats all of a piece of roasted venison item at once. It's honestly the only way I'm used to eating, since PRPI taught that it takes 3 racks of gato ribs to get full.

I wonder if the problem is that each 'eat all' is being treated as 1 bite.

Dunno.
RiderOnTheStorm
Elf Recruit

Postby Meneldor » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Did some testing. I gained X amount with each bite of an item with 4 bites. Then I ate all of the same item and it added 4X to the total. The eat all is accurate with the per bites.
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login