It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:41 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

New player with questions. (Lots of them.)

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

New player with questions. (Lots of them.)

Postby EmuHunterBruce » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Hello, new player here with a lot of questions who is looking for some advice. I'm sure most of this is around on the website in some place or another but I thought I would try my luck here first.

Is it possible to connect to the Helpline? Every time I try to connect it tells me I'm not eligible even though I am a new player.

Can you edit your descriptions in the game or do you have to open a support ticket every time?

Is there a map available? I spent a bit of time wandering about, which doesn't necessarily matter I will eventually find my way around I am just curious.

Skills advance by use? Even untrained skills? I was curious at character creation and only took four skills even though I wanted to take a few more, so just wondering can I learn all skills now? Or are some restricted for chargen/training only.

Is it possible to increase attributes?

Sorry for the long list, and thanks for reading/answering if you do.
EmuHunterBruce
Verified Member

Re: New player with questions. (Lots of them.)

Postby BoogtehWoog » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Welcome to the game!

Dmote lets you change your appearance.

There are no area specific maps that I am aware of yet. Hazgarn has made a wonderful game-wide map:

download/file.php?id=62

Skills do advance by use. As for untrained skills, I believe you have to be taught them to be able to advance them.

I think attributes can only be increased by staff. And I am not sure if they do that. I could be wrong, though.
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby tehkory » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:56 pm

EmuHunterBruce wrote:Hello, new player here with a lot of questions who is looking for some advice. I'm sure most of this is around on the website in some place or another but I thought I would try my luck here first.

Is it possible to connect to the Helpline? Every time I try to connect it tells me I'm not eligible even though I am a new player.

Can you edit your descriptions in the game or do you have to open a support ticket every time?

Is there a map available? I spent a bit of time wandering about, which doesn't necessarily matter I will eventually find my way around I am just curious.

Skills advance by use? Even untrained skills? I was curious at character creation and only took four skills even though I wanted to take a few more, so just wondering can I learn all skills now? Or are some restricted for chargen/training only.

Is it possible to increase attributes?

Sorry for the long list, and thanks for reading/answering if you do.

#1: Probably broken since we don't have 'new player' flags, from what I can tell.
#2:You can send support tickets in for major changes.
#3: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=672&p=10614&hilit=hazgarn#p10614 General map, courtesy of Hazgarn.
#4: Except for the unsupported skills, almost every skill can be learned IG by doing. The -how- of how you learn IG is specific to the skill, and some are easier than others. PM me for specific questions.
$5: Help upgrade. Be careful with this, because when you drop one stat, skills attached to that stat drop in level with it. It's an exchange, point-for-point, rather than an increase, and has a 90-day RL cooldown.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby EmuHunterBruce » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:01 pm

Thanks a lot for your prompt answers. And yeah, I meant major changes to a description I wrote a very lazy and short one at around midnight last night and wished to change it.
Are there NPC trainers? To train skills you don't currently know? Or do you need to find another player to assist you?
Starting to wish I had of just gotten 6 or so skills and worked them up.
EmuHunterBruce
Verified Member

Postby Hazgarn » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:07 pm

EmuHunterBruce wrote:Thanks a lot for your prompt answers. And yeah, I meant major changes to a description I wrote a very lazy and short one at around midnight last night and wished to change it.

If you want to make a change to your description, you can file a support ticket from the link at the top right corner of the forum/website.

Are there NPC trainers? To train skills you don't currently know? Or do you need to find another player to assist you?
Starting to wish I had of just gotten 6 or so skills and worked them up.

There are not NPC trainers in game, so contacting another PC for a new skill is the only way to do so.

If you have any other questions, feel free to get in contact with myself or another Guide.

You can send me a PM, or if you'd like more real-time help, I'm also available over AIM, or with notice I can log in for conversation in the Guest Lounge. :)
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login