It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Vok / Dunlending / Hillman Tribe

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Vok / Dunlending / Hillman Tribe

Postby jdidds » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:19 am

Hi, I´m wondering what players and staff think of this.

When SoI really get´s going, would it be a possibility to open up a real hillman tribe the likes of the Vok where in the old SoI? I really loved playing those characters and some of my best SoI moments came from playing as Ragnyyris.

Though, that said, the Vok where never a very busy clan with many members. It was mostly just me and Sawdust, with Rivaen chiming from time to time and a few passers by who lasted a bout a week. So, the question is if the staff would be willing to support a clan like this again in the future? I think there is definitely a better game environment for such a clan now. I´d be willing to put in all the work and documentation for it, the building etc. I´d also be willing to lead it and volunteer as head nut job for the clan :)

For those of you who are new here, the Vok where a people who originally started off as Dunlending, but where given their own race (Vok) due to the tribe not really fitting in to the Dunlending race from the books. I´ll try and dig up some new information, and find all the documentation I had on the Duur Vargen Vok that I made from scratch based upon Sawdust´s Nebavra tribe (difficult because the Vok race forum was locked and to my knowledge scrapped by a previous staff member. Though, I think I saved the majority of it on my PC somewhere).

It would be cool to have a tribe like this (I think) and it could provide some very interesting RP opportunities for the clans and people of Utterby.

I guess it depends on what the staff´s vision is for this new version of SoI. Thoughts?
Code: Select all
There is currently 1 soul braving the world all alone.
jdidds
Elf Recruit

Re: Vok / Dunlending / Hillman Tribe

Postby Rivean » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:13 am

This could really be an interesting thing if brought back, but I say this as a former Nebavla Vok player (and like, clan lead for like a couple of months after Jerd died :( ), so I have a certain vested interest.

That having been said, there already are Hillmen on the scene here, who may be different from the Vok, but perhaps not significantly enough to merit an additional 'tribesman' option in the same sphere.

My suggestion would be to go with the current flow and learn the ways of the extant tribe which is, to whatever extent, already staff supported.

Also, I don't feel that either of these options will be as viable when Alpha closes and we move to the more urban setting of Laketown.

ETA: Any documentation you have on the Vok would be invaluable though, just for posterity's sake. I cannot believe some staffer callously just deleted that entire forum - that forum had literally HOURS of work put into it by myself, Sawdust, Lasair, and others. We created a language/vocabulary out of scratch and wrote up miles of documentation. If that was simply deleted arbitrarily, I want to know who did it and where they live. :evil:
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby jdidds » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:20 am

Are the current hillman tribe that active? I haven't really encountered any to my knowledge or read anything on the boards.

Being judgemental here, but I haven't seen any hillmany RP during my brief time here. Can anyone point me to some information on them?
jdidds
Elf Recruit

Postby Rivean » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:49 am

I believe, though I may be wrong, that there are four players (Maybe 3?) who apped in together and are playing a tribe of hillmen - who are, as per what Kory said to me in another thread, distinct from the Vok.

I'm not aware of any documentation that's been posted about them.
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby jdidds » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:51 am

Do you remember which thread it was, Riv?
jdidds
Elf Recruit

Postby Hawkwind » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:03 am

Devil's Advocate! And for the record, I did play a Vok at the insistence of Jdid's.

Would this not be better suited for when the game is open proper? With Alpha being primarily to get a working game out and enjoy roleplay again would their not be some sense in keeping outside concepts to a minimum until the game is ready?

While the Vok are a part of SOI history could it not be held back until their is enough room, space and time to support them? There is/was already a Hillmen tribe IG which garnered quite a bit of OOC hostility and flak. The Vok are a 'larger' than the Hillman tribe, they represent a big departure from canon, or it not canon a step in to the utterly unknown.

With a lot of us being experienced, knowledge players now, there is a danger that we might all begin to fragment in to different (albeit very similar) groups. Where will the staff draw the line? And focus on the meat and potatoes of Utterby.
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby jdidds » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:10 am

Totally agree. Definitely something to be considered for when the game is up and running proper :-) I'm just eager :-)
jdidds
Elf Recruit

Postby Erythil » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Just throwing another idea out there: It might be interesting to have a limited number of Easterling characters available at some point, which would allow for some alternative cultural flavor.
Erythil
Dwarf Recruit

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login