It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:55 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Old players

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

For those who are currently playing the new SoI, when did you first begin playing?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:02 pm

I just began playing the game after the revisions. Osgi? MT? Koalafarm?? Never heard of them.
11%
I started playing around the time of Koalafarm and the new MT.
13%
I started playing immediately after the fall of Osgi, when the area of MT first opened up.
19%
I played during the latter days of Osgi, just before Orcs came in and trashed the place.
13%
Have you heard of the Garrison? :)
43%

Total votes : 53

Re: Old players

Postby kestrel » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:03 pm

likui wrote:Ah, yes! The spider ravine, aka: Minal Morgul's graveyard! :D

aka: free gear and money!
kestrel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Hazgarn » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:12 pm

kestrel wrote:
likui wrote:Ah, yes! The spider ravine, aka: Minal Morgul's graveyard! :D

aka: free gear and money!

I only played during the Tur Edendor days, but I remember following a group out to Morgul for something or other, and making it through a bunch of spiders...

Only to have to drop link in Morgul because of cops showing up looking for my roomate, and having to throw myself on the mercy of a very kind admin to transfer me back once I got back online. :lol:
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby Japheth » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:17 pm

likui wrote:I had absolutely no idea, but it makes sense as I remember back when I first started you and Zapata were always working together on MM.

Another fun fact - Zapata nearly firing me for laziness because I was a bit of a do-nothing RPA at first. His warning made me up my game though, and now he's one of my closest friends so it all worked out for the best.
Do unto others, and then run away
http://www.futuremud.com
Japheth
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Rivean » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:23 pm

Japheth wrote:Another fun fact - Zapata nearly firing me for laziness because I was a bit of a do-nothing RPA at first. His warning made me up my game though, and now he's one of my closest friends so it all worked out for the best.

Japheth as an upstanding admin-who-is-no-longer-an-admin-and-therefore-we-can-hopefully-presume-has-more-time, could we convince you to man the ballotboxes on character award voting, re, this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1201
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Japheth » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Rivean wrote:
Japheth wrote:Another fun fact - Zapata nearly firing me for laziness because I was a bit of a do-nothing RPA at first. His warning made me up my game though, and now he's one of my closest friends so it all worked out for the best.

Japheth as an upstanding admin-who-is-no-longer-an-admin-and-therefore-we-can-hopefully-presume-has-more-time, could we convince you to man the ballotboxes on character award voting, re, this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1201

I'm just a player in this incarnation of Shadows of Isildur, and I do have an active PC, so I think a member of the actual staff should probably take responsibility for something like that, as it requires a bit of accountability. I'm not even a guide or anything.
Do unto others, and then run away
http://www.futuremud.com
Japheth
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Rivean » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Gargh! Staff is swamped. I may end up doing it, if Icarus agrees. I too have an active PC :(
Rivean
Honored Elf

Postby Osse » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Arradoc was where I began. I remember some assassins (Haradrim?) murdering a bunch of Garrisoners from the rafters with crossbows. Also remember Haradrim sneaking in and suicide attacking the Lantern.
Osse
Verified Member

Postby likui » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Osse wrote:Arradoc was where I began. I remember some assassins (Haradrim?) murdering a bunch of Garrisoners from the rafters with crossbows. Also remember Haradrim sneaking in and suicide attacking the Lantern.

That incident was legendary! I recall hearing about it when I first joined the game back in Feb. 2006. I was in a hunting clan and we resided along the river bank, so multiple times that story would be retold, mentioning the raft, as a reminder of how we should always be on guard, even in Anorien.
likui
Honored Dwarf

Postby kestrel » Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:59 pm

Rivean wrote:Gargh! Staff is swamped. I may end up doing it, if Icarus agrees. I too have an active PC :(

Couldn't think of a better choice. Make it so, Rivean.
kestrel
Honored Dwarf

Postby BoogtehWoog » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Japheth wrote:
Another fun fact - Zapata nearly firing me for laziness because I was a bit of a do-nothing RPA at first. His warning made me up my game though, and now he's one of my closest friends so it all worked out for the best.

Zapata was my first encounter with a staffer, although I did not know it at the time. He animated Khagdu to recruit my first character into the Twisted Eye in Minas Morgul. I was talking to Thraka and some other Orcs prior to him coming along.
BoogtehWoog
Elf Recruit

Postby Croaker » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:40 pm

First specific plot I remember about SOI was - as a member of the North Ithilien militia (my 4th or 5th PC at the time?) - getting roped into some kind of plot involving a... vampire? living in a cave under a tree trunk in the Anorien.

My first PC on SOI was still alive around the time of Northlands/Minas Tirith spheres, too - as I switched accounts between my 1st and 2nd PC, due to a forgotten password. They were a brown-haired young woman, or something, who was pushing 65+ years old at the time.
Croaker
Forum Hobbit

Postby BashSkull52 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:23 am

First long lived character was Kith in the eastern garrison. So many good memories and top notch rp that I cut my RPI teeth on. Garrison RPT's were some of the finest i've ever witnessed. Such an amazing core group 03-04ish? Then I went over to the other side with Follos in the Baakath. Have some regrets with that character but still had a blast!
BashSkull52
Forum Hobbit

Postby Seiryoku » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:53 am

I played a veeeeery short lived gobbo once in MM. But I was too accustomed to Harshlands at that point and I clearly remember being frustrated at the notion of only having two hands to carry stuff with.

Then I also had a veeeeeery short lived hunter northman in Angost (I think?). Nothing much to say there.

When I finally stuck to the game it was 2011 or something? So I consider myself born and raised in Amdir. Shoutout to the Eastern Vanguard - we had our moments of glory.
Seiryoku
Verified Member

Postby MrT2G » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:37 pm

BashSkull52 wrote:First long lived character was Kith in the eastern garrison. So many good memories and top notch rp that I cut my RPI teeth on. Garrison RPT's were some of the finest i've ever witnessed. Such an amazing core group 03-04ish? Then I went over to the other side with Follos in the Baakath. Have some regrets with that character but still had a blast!

Ah, the Baakath... Uil, Jhorigio, some others, I had my fun there.
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby likui » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:20 pm

MrT2G wrote:
BashSkull52 wrote:First long lived character was Kith in the eastern garrison. So many good memories and top notch rp that I cut my RPI teeth on. Garrison RPT's were some of the finest i've ever witnessed. Such an amazing core group 03-04ish? Then I went over to the other side with Follos in the Baakath. Have some regrets with that character but still had a blast!

Ah, the Baakath... Uil, Jhorigio, some others, I had my fun there.

Ah, Jhorigio! My "scantly-built, sapphire-eyed" captured Gondorian teenager managed to dig out nearly half of that new room in the Baakath before he escaped. Good times! lol
likui
Honored Dwarf

Postby MrT2G » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Lol.

Jhorigio was such a prick, probably the worse clan lead ever, but I had fun.
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby LuckyV » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:19 am

I remember the Farm (east of osgi) in the days of the garrison.

Lantern Inn, the Catacombs, all fun stuff.
LuckyV
Dwarf Recruit

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login