General Discussion

keywords and passwords

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

keywords and passwords

Postby seenmycorpseanywhere » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:14 am

Hi!

A couple of things are intriguing me.

First, assuming I have 2 containers on my character (one in hand, one worn) with exactly the same description, how can I target one of them in particular (with get, for instance)? Dropping one to the ground is also annoying - how do I target that one?

Second, I've been able to log in skipping up to the last 4 (!!) of my password characters. My password is pretty long, but not -overly-, is there a password maximum length check set?

Thanks!
seenmycorpseanywhere
Verified Member

Re: keywords and passwords

Postby tehkory » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:16 am

Passwords matter up to the eight or seventh letter.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Hazgarn » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:16 am

seenmycorpseanywhere wrote:First, assuming I have 2 containers on my character (one in hand, one worn) with exactly the same description, how can I target one of them in particular (with get, for instance)? Dropping one to the ground is also annoying - how do I target that one?

For most objects you can target by number tag with something like "look 2.red" to look at the second red object in the room (the numbers can be seen with the "check" command). Containers sometimes seem to be a special case, because you often can't target a container on the ground or in your hand while you're wearing another one with the same keywords, like you've said. But I think if you drop both containers on the ground, you can use the #. tag to target them. Not a perfect solution, but it's one I've used.
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby seenmycorpseanywhere » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Thanks Hazgarn, I hadn't thought about doing it that way. It works.
seenmycorpseanywhere
Verified Member

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login