It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:22 am
Change font size

General Discussion

The Badguy Sphere, Mixing Races?

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: The Badguy Sphere, Mixing Races?

Postby krelm » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Ideally, wargs would have something like 3 nat AC (which admins can set without further code), and do something like 2d5 damage (which admins can probably set without further code), and make brawling do claw damage (which admins can set without code), and give them infravision (which can be done by staff).

I think it's as simple as plugging those values into the races database and having the game do it automatically, but don't quote me on that.

As far as eating goes, the only easy way to do that is to just keep everything as it is until someone put in warg-specific butcher crafts or something. It'd suck, but it'd suffice.

Also, there's no real point in putting in blocks to keep wargs from putting on armor or using weapons, as they'd just be gimping themselves, for starters, and for seconders, I would be totally okay with staff insta-killing any PC warg wearing armor.

EDIT:

RE: Throttle;

Throttle wrote:I remember fiddling with it at one point back on Atonement to see if there was basis for mutants who fought with tentacles and claws and such

I believe the command is 'mset damtype <damage-type' or something, I can't remember it off-hand. I do know that it works, because I tested it on my admin avatar-- also there was a PC in early Atonement BETA named Licks who did claw damage instead of punch. Only problem is that, no matter what damage-type it is, it does brawling damage.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Throttle » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Yeah, wargs with swords would be so hilariously visible and unapologetically twinky that I don't think anyone would even try. If it's a 1RPP race (it would really have to be) then I doubt anyone is that foolish.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Justanothacivy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:55 pm

Throttle wrote:Yeah, wargs with swords would be so hilariously visible and unapologetically twinky that I don't think anyone would even try. If it's a 1RPP race (it would really have to be) then I doubt anyone is that foolish.

What about the ninja dogs from Ninja Gaiden???

On Topic:

It's easy as making a warg only craft that will produce a skinned carcass that does not need a tool of any sort. Call it 'strip prey' or something and watch as all the wargs tear shit up and eat it on the spot without breaking a stride and making a BA scene of pack hunting.
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby Songweaver » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:01 pm

It's actually a deal more complicated than that, but not insurmountable. Corpses are weird things, in terms of how the code perceives them. It's an easier fix than the natdam/AC balancing for sure.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby Oblivion » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:56 am

Oh, just throwing my two blacks out there since I haven't replied to this thread since the first time.

Wargs. Want.

Might even be an opening for a 'Wargtamer' type role, or maybe a Wargtamer would have to come first before 'playable' wargs could be made available or some convoluted mess like that.

A specific pack of wargs bred just for this tribe's members, who wouldn't run off into the wilderness as their own personal hunting grounds to fight man and orc alike. Not sure how/if mounted combat would come into play. Maybe the 'Player' wargs would be too prideful/dominant to allow riders, while 'npc' wargs are just runts who are broken by training.

Even if it's just to mock that one person back in SoI 1 who always harped about wanting to play as a warg. Heh.
Oblivion
Dwarf Recruit

Postby krelm » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:16 pm

Oblivion wrote:Even if it's just to mock that one person back in SoI 1 who always harped about wanting to play as a warg. Heh.

That would be me. Or Wolfsong. It was one of the two of us.

That said, an orc riding a PC warg would have 0 coded benefits, but wouldn't be impossible.

travel ridden by a really big orc with scars
travel riding a big, dark-furred warg
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Oblivion » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Hah, yea I think it was Wolfsong I was referring to actually, I just remember that one person who'd spend more time in the Guest Lounge in a warg avatar than actually playing the game heh.

And yea, I didn't even think about just adjusting travel strings, was more thinking of the travel benefit a mount gives to the rider, especially considering all the movement restrictions the environment/stamina interaction gives these days.

But yea. Wargs.
Oblivion
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Matt » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:45 pm

krelm wrote:
Oblivion wrote:Even if it's just to mock that one person back in SoI 1 who always harped about wanting to play as a warg. Heh.

That would be me. Or Wolfsong. It was one of the two of us.

That said, an orc riding a PC warg would have 0 coded benefits, but wouldn't be impossible.

travel ridden by a really big orc with scars
travel riding a big, dark-furred warg

The warg should have a massive stam boost at least. That'll make a couple warg PCs and a couple orc PCs working together pretty deadly. Which I think would be awwwwesome.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login