Change font size

General Discussion

RE: RPP Restricted Skills

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

RE: RPP Restricted Skills

Postby Rivean » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:59 am

I'm having some trouble understanding Fulgrim's post on this:

Fulgrim wrote:Right now, I need you guys to stop designing characters around Handle, Steal, Picklock and Education and scripts (though this last one I am willing, and others are willing to hear about via tickets and such, if it should broach your character concept). There's no practical applications of a lot of these RPP skills, sans education and scripts, right now, and even if there was, we'd be more comfortable if the role itself described having them.

If it isn't in the purview of the role you're selecting, don't take it. I know a lot of you are eager because you have your RPPs now and there's roles out there, but this isn't pick and choose your role. What's there is there, right now.

a) Handle seems not to be an RPP restricted skill. I'm aware that it doesn't have coded support in game right now - neither does music, as a matter of fact. Should I not pick these skills if I think it makes sense for my PC to have them?

b) Does this post apply at all to people who aren't apping into roles?

c) What's the problem with steal and picklock - the former, at least, seems to be perfectly functional, and I'd be surprised if the latter weren't at least nominally functional, given the right objects and properly coded doors. Either way, as above, should I not pick these skills if they make sense for my PC?
Rivean
Honored Elf

Re: RE: RPP Restricted Skills

Postby Troubadour » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:36 pm

What about if you've already been accepted with one or more of these skills without that knowledge? Can they be exchanged for something else? How would one go about it if so?
Eugene wrote:
You want to be a skipping stone, making a myriad of ripples along the way.
Troubadour
Forum Hobbit

Postby Fulgrim » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:42 pm

If you've been accepted already, it doesn't matter. You're through the system. If it was a mistake on our part, we can get chewed out, not you.

ETA: I'll post something more clear and concise about this if no one else does. I'm still not comfortable with gunning apps with these skills right through chargen, and it might have me not-so-clearheaded that there's an alarming frequency of just such apps. The fault, is on my part.
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Postby Fulgrim » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:06 pm

So, some clarification. From what I've talked about already, I'm pretty sure some admins have their own trepidation in accepting apps with these skills, on their part, but for my part, the Orc sphere will now be accepting apps with these skills if you are able to select them in chargen, except for Education and scripts, which requires a ticket and a OK from Nimrod beforehand.

I won't bother clarifying for humans whether this is okay, so feel free to assume I'm a butt and should've only bothered addressing players in my sphere in the first place.
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Postby Troubadour » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:33 pm

No worries, Fulgrim.
Eugene wrote:
You want to be a skipping stone, making a myriad of ripples along the way.
Troubadour
Forum Hobbit

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login