It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:56 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Focus and Ignore

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Focus and Ignore

Postby Droll » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Focus means I won't lose points from that skill, and ignore means it will take points from ignored skills to put in your other skills? Do I have that right?
[A burning comet headed straight for your head is online. Use NOTIFY to reply in kind.]
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Re: Focus and Ignore

Postby tehkory » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Droll wrote:Focus means I won't lose points from that skill

Yes.
and ignore means it will take points from ignored skills to put in your other skills? Do I have that right?

No. Ignored skills neither rise nor fall.

In essence, ignored skills are permanently static, focused skills will never drop, and the rest may either rise(as long as there are other unfocused, unignored skills to take from), or drop(either from focused or unfocused/unlisted skills rising).
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Throttle » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:51 pm

And just in case there was any doubt, skills will never drop unless you're at your total skill cap, which is probably not something anyone is going to reach without already knowing that they're about to, and what to do with their skills post-cap. Even the lowest possible cap (assuming it's unchanged from ARPI) is higher than most will ever reach.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Droll » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:42 pm

You have reached your full skill potential.

I was asking about the focus/ignore because that had popped up and me and the staffer I was asking weren't a hundred percent on how ignore worked. Granted, I'm assuming I have craptastic intelligence, so my points are just low. Also Long-Blade/Dual-Wield gives me a lot of points in skills I have no intention of using.
[A burning comet headed straight for your head is online. Use NOTIFY to reply in kind.]
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Postby krelm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Droll wrote:You have reached your full skill potential.

I was asking about the focus/ignore because that had popped up and me and the staffer I was asking weren't a hundred percent on how ignore worked. Granted, I'm assuming I have craptastic intelligence, so my points are just low. Also Long-Blade/Dual-Wield gives me a lot of points in skills I have no intention of using.

Kory had the right of it.

If you leave them alone, and focus whatever other skill you want, say bludgeon, it should leech points off of long-blade and/or d-wield to up bludgeon.
One among the fence.
krelm
Calce Ferio asini Operarius

Postby Droll » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:50 pm

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Trying to get it to suck points out of the skills I'm not using. Just making sure I understood the ignore command first. Appreciate it.
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login