It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:11 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Helpline

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Helpline

Postby Sabrelon » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:00 pm

So I've noticed since I hopped In Game that the Helpline is disabled, and all of the questions that people have about syntax and mechanics have to be done with the OOC command (not that I mind using it, it's just jarring when it happens multiple times in the same scene).

Is there a reason it's not available, and is there a chance we could get it turned back on?
Sabrelon
Forum Hobbit

Re: Helpline

Postby Oblivion » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:55 pm

What is helpline?

Is it some sort of global ooc chat thing? If so, I hope it gets buried eighty feet under and filled in with goose droppings. Yes. Goose Droppings.
Oblivion
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Throttle » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:14 am

It was a newbie channel for questions, with only staff and guides having permanent access. Otherwise it was active for as long as people had their (new player) tag on, which is no longer a thing.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Sabrelon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:47 am

Oblivion wrote:What is helpline?

Is it some sort of global ooc chat thing? If so, I hope it gets buried eighty feet under and filled in with goose droppings. Yes. Goose Droppings.

It's a newbie channel like Throttle said that can be opted into while you're a new player, it's turned off by default. I don't care much for OOC channels, but it's 100x better than having to ask OOC questions in character, and I'm sure it's easier for newbies than petitioning up/going to the OOC Lounge and hoping for some answer.
Sabrelon
Forum Hobbit

Postby Fulgrim » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:31 pm

If newbies want to pick my brain over regarding something, you are allowed to...I can schedule that appointment. Probably immediately. :P
(Morgoth):
I had a part in everything.
Twice I destroyed the light and twice I failed.
I left ruin behind me when I returned.
But I also carried ruin with me.
She, the mistress of her own lust.
Fulgrim
Roleplay Admin

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login