Change font size

General Discussion

Ideascale

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Ideascale

Postby Nimrod » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:55 pm

[ETA]Use this link instead: http://middle-earth.ideascale.com/[/ETA]

I would like to try this and see if we can make it work to track player's wants in-game. Unfortunately I cannot assign the series as nimrod@middle-earth because our google mail system is a legacy system (still free) and in order to use Moderator I would have to upgrade to a paid Google account.

This allows you, as a player to make suggestions (of any kind) and then vote on the ideas. The ones with the most votes will percolate to the top.

Here's the link: https://www.google.com/moderator/?authu ... 6/e=21b818

I realize it's another system, but I'm very interested in seeing ideas that are important to players.

Thanks,

Nim
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: Google Moderator

Postby deerskin » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:04 am

Being able to remove a vote you accidentally made would be ideal!
deerskin
Forum Hobbit

Postby Nimrod » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:59 pm

I don't believe Google Moderator is going to be able to provide us with the type of feedback that I'd like to have.

What I would love to have is a system that allows folks to submit ideas and then everyone else can vote a single time for what the most important issue is. This would allow the most issue that is most important to the greatest number of players to bubble to the top.

When that issue is complete, it would be removed, opening up your vote again.

If anyone knows of a boxed system that does this already, please let me know.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:29 pm

Testing out this one now:

http://middle-earth.ideascale.com/

It's pretty snazzy.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Nimrod » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:58 pm

deerskin wrote:Being able to remove a vote you accidentally made would be ideal!

Ideascale allows you to do that. :) Check out the new link above.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Re: Ideascale

Postby radioactivejesus » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:58 pm

where's the option for opening warcraft? :P
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Nimrod » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:01 pm

You can suggest that idea yourself. :) The key with this system, is to vote for things you want right away and hold off on voting on things you don't want right away. You can change your votes at any time too. We'll see how it works out.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby mongwen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:30 pm

I don't like having to create yet another account. I've got one for the game, one for the forum, one for the support system, and if I want to vote on or give ideas I need to create a fourth? :(
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nimrod » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:28 pm

mongwen wrote:I don't like having to create yet another account. I've got one for the game, one for the forum, one for the support system, and if I want to vote on or give ideas I need to create a fourth? :(

Yeah... that is indeed one of the downfalls of this system. I've got tons of passwords and accounts to keep track of too and it's a pain.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login