Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Re: PVP: how is it these days?

Postby Icarus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:57 pm

In other news I've discovered a new method for coming up with my posts.

We've already discussed what our overall vision is and that we have some areas to address with the crimcode. There is an active discussion going on with administrative staff regarding the direction they are going to go. We don't discuss specifics of our vision or when we plan to implement such features on the GDB. If you feel the staff are not working quickly enough for your taste, please put in a staff complaint so that your problem can be addressed as we see fit.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Sailor » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:34 pm

I stooped to a new low by posting that bit from the game. Shouldn't bring that sort of nonsense to the forum. Leaves a bad taste for others. Aside from that...

Had my second taste of PvP this evening. Wasn't at all how I had hoped it would be. Hope next time will be better. ;)
Sailor
Verified Member

Postby Brian » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:31 am

It's odd to me that it seems that people are more or less universally dissatisfied with how PvP is playing out, and yet it continues to be that way. I'm curious to know if it's both the victors and the defeated that are dissatisfied, or is it only one side or the other? Does the victor feel a rush of satisfaction if they "win" the engagement and cause injury/fleeing/death, or are they just as dissatisfied as the "loser" who has likely suffered some form of damage to their character?
Brian
Honored Elf

Postby Justanothacivy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:31 pm

TBH I've been totally ok with the opposition fleeing and getting away. I have no desire to kill anyone's PC and add anymore notches to my belt. That may contrast how my character would act somewhat but I'm a big fan of, "I'll get you next time Gadget! Next time!" myself. :mrgreen:
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login