It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:31 am
Change font size

General Discussion

New Races, Balance, and Lore

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: New Races, Balance, and Lore

Postby Songweaver » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:46 am

Seriously, though, if you're allowing special applications for unique roles and races not yet publicly made available (Elves, Dunedain, etc), please post some guidelines on how to apply for these roles, and what is special applicable and what is not.

Some of us took a lot of community heat for creating special applications (even though hillmen/Beornings didn't receive any armor or skill or stat racial bonuses) a while back, which the staff cow-towed to by calling those applications a mistake on their part. You guys are doing the same thing now (but with bonuses), and even if the players involved are less controversial than, say, perhaps I am -- it's bound to eventually cause a stir.

Special application guidelines should be a really high priority for you folks right now, including a list of what bonuses certain level RPP roles will get you; as of right now, the only standardized roles and bonuses go up to 2RPP.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby Icarus » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:55 am

*eyes a particular thread in the admin area, where these guidelines are in almost final form*
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Songweaver » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:57 am

Icarus wrote:*eyes a particular thread in the admin area, where these guidelines are in almost final form*

I give you the first of these that I have ever given on this forum.

:nom:
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby Hawkwind » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Side argument removed by Icarus
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Postby Songweaver » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:02 pm

Side argument removed by Icarus

Of note, and on-topic, is that I don't have a problem with "outsider" races being a part of the game. It adds a lot of depth that Utterby lacks on its own. I merely think that proper documentation on how to apply for such a role is necessary, so that people that tend to lean towards bias flame-wars don't really have a leg to stand on against the administration, everything is relatively fair, and everyone can go about their day.

Icarus says that they are on top of this right now, and that makes me happy.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby WorkerDrone » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:07 pm

I don't know what happened here, but Songweaver isn't -just- being sarcastic when he says "less controversial than I am". It's pretty patently true that he's more likely to cause a stir by getting crap past the proverbial radar than, say...someone else who's recently done just that has.

Apparently just pointing out the obvious is offensive too, these days.
I hope you die right now, will you drink my chemical?

Brian wrote:See, the thing that I admire about WorkerDrone is that he's an optimist!

:lol:
WorkerDrone
Guide

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login