It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:40 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Bow Loading Crashes

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Bow Loading Crashes

Postby Melkor » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm seeing this kind of output when someone loads their bow. Repeating the same load or aim line 3-4 times. Dunno if this helps tracking down the crash problem, but thought it might.

Code: Select all
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
A wedge-faced man with raven-colored hair turns northward, taking aim at a distant target with a dust-stricken, plain, handcarved shortbow of pale pinkish-brown hazel wood.
A wedge-faced man with raven-colored hair turns northward, taking aim at a distant target with a dust-stricken, plain, handcarved shortbow of pale pinkish-brown hazel wood.

<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
A wedge-faced man with raven-colored hair finishes loading a dust-stricken, plain, handcarved shortbow of pale pinkish-brown hazel wood.
A tall, muscular man with heterochromatic eyes turns northward, taking aim at a distant target with a dust-covered, plain, handcarved longbow of reddish-brown cherry wood.
A tall, muscular man with heterochromatic eyes turns northward, taking aim at a distant target with a dust-covered, plain, handcarved longbow of reddish-brown cherry wood.

“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Re: Bow Loading Crashes

Postby Grommit » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:25 am

Yep, I have the memory dump from these and I'm looking into them. They don't provide much information other than that corruption overwrites the list of messages to be sent to the player. I'm moving the code that does this out of the 1980s in style and technique, which should clean up any memory leaks it has and at least give me a clue as to where the problem might be next if it doesn't solve it out of hand.
Grommit
Game Coder

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login