It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Night time suggestion

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Night time suggestion

Postby Gobbo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:45 pm

I was thinking about how whenever its night time there is absolutely no one out in the wild doing anything productive. Most everything is limited to certain times of day. So I thought how can we make this better? When I have a day off I can go out and do things for two hour stints throughout a day. I don't like this.

I believe we should make things brighter at night so you can see up to 1-2 rooms away with scan. You can see without a light because of the moon and stars. The trade off is that you can't scan at max distance and perhaps you could increase the dangerous wildlife at night so its more perilous to go outside.

Maybe even add some minor debuffs to things like archery at night time. But just to keep it simple being able to see and operate at night would be a game changer and I think its an improvement.
Gobbo
Honored Dwarf

Re: Night time suggestion

Postby radioactivejesus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:02 pm

you are able to buy torches. To use one, hold it in your hand and type light torch. Then you will be able to see within the room you are in. Venturing out at night is done, but it's very risky
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Gobbo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:31 pm

I'm not a noob I know what torches are. Nobody is going to go out by torchlight :P I'm talking about giving the ability for larger groups to go out. Currently none of the clans are even going to consider going out until its daylight hours. Only crazies who don't last long will go out solo with a torch.

I've actually been playing since old osgiliath. I know that in parallel rpi you could always see at night and it just lifted an unnecessary restriction to patrols and resource gathering groups.
Gobbo
Honored Dwarf

Postby Real » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:46 pm

Remember the way back, know the area well.
You can wander with a torch and simple weapon equipped or a shield, and if you keep pacifist on it's pretty easy to get away from anything as long as you're not going to/near the bog. You get the occasional bear demon, aside that nothing to worry about if you have moderate combat skills.

Once your character can hold their own, you can mostly operate the same as you do during the day as long as you don't press your luck and wander beyond reason.
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Postby Mavinero » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:59 pm

Reasonably though, not many do a lot of work at night time in such a setting, or at least I would think so. Humanville doesn't really give off so much light that it could be seen so many rooms away from town, I don't think. As for the light of the moon and stars(two north of the gate, for example) would still be overshadowed by the forest canopy, given how much of the north woods are thick with trees.

Just my two cents' worth.
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Justanothacivy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:09 am

Torch light bog runs are SOI hardmode. :mrgreen:
Things that made me smile:
Icarus wrote:I'm going to kill the next character I see doing stuff like that. I'm not joking.
Justanothacivy
Honored Dwarf

Postby Oblivion » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:54 am

And don't be complacent, there are those of us who stalk the wilds at night...

Wait, I mean... Do be complacent... damnit... nothing to see here folks, move along.
Oblivion
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Songweaver » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:18 am

Torch-lit Bog Runs are still pretty easy.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby Patty » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:28 am

Torches stacking light is an interesting idea...

You could see a party from like 10 rooms away if you had 5 people all with torches. Just a thought.
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login