It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:04 am
Change font size

General Discussion

SOI Wiki - Open Access

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

SOI Wiki - Open Access

Postby Icarus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:20 pm

I have made a slight change in our wiki security that allows for anonymous users to create and update pages. This could be risky, but for the moment what this means is that any of you fine welps can add guides, put up documentation to your clans, add an entry to a timeline, etc.

I'd love for folks to give this a try. Hopefully we can avoid useless spam, and I'll be looking into alternative solutions if such becomes an issue.

Post your thoughts, issues, and concerns here.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Re: SOI Wiki - Open Access

Postby ThinkTwice » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:23 pm

I'd love for people to use this as a source of common gossip about their character, and keep their character pages updated accordingly with the simple things I could find out by asking the tavern gossips about them.

It'd also give people an angle to, at their convenience, release miniplot hooks into the wild for other people to find out about them and delve into.
ThinkTwice
Honored Dwarf

Postby Songweaver » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:32 am

I'd forgotten about that feature of the old SOI Wiki. It really was the best part of it. Good idea, ThinkTwice!
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Postby Frigga » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:37 am

Please note that things posted that violate the general community rules or clash with other existing documents, things might be altered or deleted by staff.

I'd really love for us all to work together to create a more lively player wiki like yon olde Angost had, let's keep that communal spirit.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby Melkor » Mon May 04, 2015 1:54 pm

Is there a guide somewhere for editing the wiki? I've never edited one before. I tried the almighty google, but all I can find is stuff more like wikipedia and ours doesn't seem to be quite like that.
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Postby Icarus » Mon May 04, 2015 5:30 pm

I would google confluence wiki markup.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Mavinero » Mon May 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Icarus wrote:I would google confluence wiki markup.

Aren't you supposed to be on holiday or something? Go holiday, Ick.
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login