It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:39 am
Change font size

General Discussion

PSA: Wargpocalypse

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

PSA: Wargpocalypse

Postby Real » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Wargs now appear enmasse outside the bog.

Watch yourself.

..I have to ask.

Are there safe places to hunt/shoot pheasants or is it intended to be this hardcore? Now, don't get me wrong, I'm usually a huge proponent of extreme danger but I can't imagine there's much room for people to do anything solo. It feels like the Moon, except switch out the shredders for brutal machines of warging. It took me one (rather brief) walk to get gankspanked.

If I had to take a stab, I'd say that the increase in wildlife difficulty came with the advent of riveted mail. Makes sense, but...the capability of a character to get ahold of this ubermail is super limited compared to the amount of people who need to wander the woods to get things done.

It could be argued that this pushes players together like it did for scav trips, but it is a rare day indeed that you can get a solid group of combatants together in Utterby, or that enough combat characters are even online to face a full warg pack.

And this is not a complaint, I'm onboard, staff are progressing the state of the gameworld and balancing toward the game being in Open. I guess I'd just like to know the general consensus on this latest wilderness patch...might be going soft or something.
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Re: PSA: Wargpocalypse

Postby Icarus » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:54 pm

We noticed a few days back and are adjusting the loader. Note, central mirkwood is currently working as intended.

North of Utterby should be relatively safe for pheasant hunting.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Re: PSA: Wargpocalypse

Postby Icarus » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Update:
Currently 5 wolves and 5 wargs IG. You should be good.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login