It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:24 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Fun

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: Fun

Postby Matt » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:01 pm

Gobbo wrote:Honestly in the current situation I think we could use some gear loaded by staff into npc shops.

Things like decent weapons and a armor were hard to get from the inept lodge when we actually had a player base. Now its just about impossible. Without weapons and armor you can't go outside and get involved with any dangerous plots.

Correct this and at least newer characters can get involved with things more quickly. Oh and try not to gouge the shit out of the prices on that stuff, new characters have 150-200 coin. If I can only get one piece of armor out of that this wont solve the problem.

Are we playing the same game? There's 2 armorshops and a weaponshop ran by active players. Their inventory gets depleted fast from vnpc sales but you can request stuff from them. Ive seen all three have both high and low end items for sale in the shop.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Melkor » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:05 pm

In my experience running pRPTs there just doesn't seem to be much interest in them. I also agree wholeheartedly with everything Songweaver said.
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Postby Canawa » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Melkor wrote:In my experience running pRPTs there just doesn't seem to be much interest in them. I also agree wholeheartedly with everything Songweaver said.

That's sad. Expect everything to be given instead of working for it.
Canawa
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Songweaver » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:19 pm

PRPTs have been very successful, sometimes. It's easier to make PRPTs work when you have more players to get involved.

Staff-run RPTs will always be better to advertise the game with, and will usually draw more players. Staff can do things that players can't. PRPTs are generally limited to what the game design will allow them to do; if that limits them to hunting or going on a bog run, then the fun of those PRPTs are going to have diminishing returns.
Songweaver
Ent Sapling

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login