It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:21 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Ingame chargen and character stables.

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Ingame chargen and character stables.

Postby Kayube » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:57 pm

How will the new ingame chargen system affect existing character stables? I can't find an option ingame to edit stabled characters, so does this mean that if we don't use them before the web chargen is deleted we'll have to copy down the information to a text file or lose it?
Kayube
Forum Hobbit

Re: Ingame chargen and character stables.

Postby Icarus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Because of how online character generation works, this is indeed a possibility.

If you need to retrieve the information contained on a stabled character, please supply staff with the name of the character and we will reply with their information.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Kayube » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:35 pm

Excellent. I saved the one I actually cared about anyway, but this should help other people.
Kayube
Forum Hobbit

Postby Nedinu » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:05 pm

I tried out the in-engine application system and a couple of things I noticed:
-Presence doesn't seem to be a stat that you can pick.
-There doesn't seem to be as much control over stat values. It uses the old 'rank in order from greatest to least'.
-Skills have no per-requisites in it. I was able to choose education and long-sword no problem. I didn't submit the application though to see if it'd go through.
-More of a personal concern, but mixed is an eye color in the chargen. It made sense to see people in Atonement have mixed colors because of mutations. I don't know how common this would be in this setting, and I wouldn't want to see new players picking it because it sounds cool. It might be okay if someone decided on that trait for a reason, but I'd rather it be someone who knows what they're doing and just write it manually in the description.
Nedinu
Verified Member

Postby Icarus » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:10 pm

-Presence doesn't seem to be a stat that you can pick.
A. That is correct. It is always 10.

-There doesn't seem to be as much control over stat values. It uses the old 'rank in order from greatest to least'.
A. Technically you have more control now than before. They will almost always be in the order you select them. Though not always.

-Skills have no per-requisites in it. I was able to choose education and long-sword no problem. I didn't submit the application though to see if it'd go through.
A. Pre-requisites exist. For Education you have the requisite rpp needed. And yes, Long-Blade can be selected off the batt. I don't really know how to change that, so I havent.

-More of a personal concern, but mixed is an eye color in the chargen. It made sense to see people in Atonement have mixed colors because of mutations. I don't know how common this would be in this setting, and I wouldn't want to see new players picking it because it sounds cool. It might be okay if someone decided on that trait for a reason, but I'd rather it be someone who knows what they're doing and just write it manually in the description.
A. Mixed in our setting refers specifically to a blend of two colors. Reddish-brown, for instance. Both eyes, however, have the same mixed color.

"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Rishte » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:43 pm

As Icarus said... just adding more to it...

Mixed doesn't always mean heterochromia iridum, it can also mean multi-colored eyes as in both eyes are the same multi-colored hues such as (central heterochromia) brown with blue about the pupil or blue with brown around the pupil, etc. If a player would like to use heterochromia iridum it is not as uncommon or rare as one would think. There are different strengths to the color differences.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby Droll » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:50 pm

Icarus wrote:-Skills have no per-requisites in it. I was able to choose education and long-sword no problem. I didn't submit the application though to see if it'd go through.
A. Pre-requisites exist. For Education you have the requisite rpp needed. And yes, Long-Blade can be selected off the batt. I don't really know how to change that, so I havent.

Don't. Best I can tell, Long-Blade is just a carbon copy of Bludgeon that is slower and works better against unarmored opponents than mail clad. If it wasn't the same thing, sure. But using the same stats and everything, it is really hard to justify another skill pick just for swords. The help file forever ago said it used dex and agi, but that isn't the case anymore. Think its str and agi now, same as the hammers.
[A burning comet headed straight for your head is online. Use NOTIFY to reply in kind.]
Droll
Honored Dwarf

Postby Nedinu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:14 am

Icarus wrote:A. Pre-requisites exist. For Education you have the requisite rpp needed.

I don't think I have RPP. I can't look without making a character first, but I don't remember ever getting any. I also couldn't choose any RPP roles in the application before I got to the skills section.

Thanks for the clarification on the other things.
Nedinu
Verified Member

Postby TheEbonPlague » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:06 am

Nedinu wrote:
I don't think I have RPP. I can't look without making a character first, but I don't remember ever getting any. I also couldn't choose any RPP roles in the application before I got to the skills section.

Thanks for the clarification on the other things.

Set RPP is your friend, it allows RPP to show on score command. If it's on and there's nothing about RPP in score you have none
TheEbonPlague
Verified Member

Postby Nedinu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:02 pm

TheEbonPlague wrote:Set RPP is your friend, it allows RPP to show on score command. If it's on and there's nothing about RPP in score you have none

I don't have a character. I did try using the guest lounge to check it out earlier, but that command's disabled as a guest.

Edited to add:
Didn't notice it before, but some skills are missing too like haggle and handle.
Nedinu
Verified Member

Postby Icarus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Thank you for fiddling around with it, could you submit a ticket with those issues?

Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Nedinu » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Will do.
Nedinu
Verified Member

Postby Melkor » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:48 am

There is no option to add your keywords in during chargen like there was on the webpage.
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Postby Icarus » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:56 am

You can add keywords IG. Believe there is a command to do so.

Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby Melkor » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:59 am

Yes, but it's still good to have. Not everyone keeps good records of what they're typing in. Then some people make their long descriptions slightly different from their short descriptions and forget to add the extra keywords from their long description later on when in-game because you can't see your long description yourself, only other characters see it.
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login