Change font size

General Discussion

Departure of Icarus

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Departure of Icarus

Postby twitchyweasel » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Icky!

You'll be greatly missed! Had nothing but good interactions with you, myself, and thought you did good things for the game.
twitchyweasel
Dwarf Recruit

Re: Departure of Icarus

Postby Gobbo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:48 pm

Wow Icarus was the best of the staff. He was helpful and he actually tried to listen. More than a few times he showed up in the Gl to talk about stuff and the direction of the game.

For a while I thought Icarus ran the game till the other day I learned Nimrod did. (maybe this was the problem.)

Anyways I liked a lot of the things he said concerning various staff policies, hopefully these are not the reason he is leaving cause I was in his corner on most things.
Gobbo
Honored Dwarf

Postby Real » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Good luck in whatever you do from here on out!
You were a great staffer since I first met you on Atonement, and the game won't be the same without you.
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit

Postby Melkor » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:55 pm

Very unfortunate. I truly hope this is reconsidered or Icarus comes back later. If not, you'll be missed. Good luck either way.
“If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.”

― René Descartes
Melkor
Honored Dwarf

Postby Matt » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:39 pm

RIP SOI
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby EltanimRas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:27 am

Sad to say, I don't know a whole lot about Icarus's role in this incarnation of SoI, but he was always my favorite craft-min on the old game.

<3
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby radioactivejesus » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:50 pm

it felt like Icarus was carrying the game on his back for quite some time. His RPTs were amazing and he was super active. Not sure whether the game is going to manage without him unless someone else steps up to the plate.
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby tehkory » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:15 am

radioactivejesus wrote:it felt like Icarus was carrying the game on his back for quite some time. His RPTs were amazing and he was super active. Not sure whether the game is going to manage without him unless someone else steps up to the plate.

Icarus, Tiamat, and Jaunt are pretty good contenders for the best combat-mins that I've ever come across, for an understanding of balance and yet a willingness to kill people too. Holmes is the only one I can think of who came close(or maybe Krelm/Alcarin, but I never played under either of those extensively).

I hope whoever's filling his shoes takes some time and gets some advice from him, because it's a tough job, and one that both spheres need to function.

Kudos, Icarus. Or HAL.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Matt » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:58 am

Definitely kory. It's pretty worrying when they get rid of one of the best/interesting admins when it comes to plot and rpts. He's the only person on staff that'd I was confident bringing things to. I don't think the rest of staff have an understanding of jow delicate of a balance this code base is. When Icarus was gone the first time we got a bunch of admin pet PCs with ridiculous stats skills and gear. People that hadn't contributed anything to the game besides being Frigga's friend. RIP SOI you died like you did the first time.
Matt
Ent Sapling

Postby Ancalagon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:01 am

tehkory wrote:
radioactivejesus wrote:it felt like Icarus was carrying the game on his back for quite some time. His RPTs were amazing and he was super active. Not sure whether the game is going to manage without him unless someone else steps up to the plate.

Icarus, Tiamat, and Jaunt are pretty good contenders for the best combat-mins that I've ever come across, for an understanding of balance and yet a willingness to kill people too. Holmes is the only one I can think of who came close(or maybe Krelm/Alcarin, but I never played under either of those extensively).

I hope whoever's filling his shoes takes some time and gets some advice from him, because it's a tough job, and one that both spheres need to function.

Kudos, Icarus. Or HAL.

It seems i'll have to try harder with my next monstrosity since apparently my last one in the woods was too tame. :twisted:
Ancalagon
Roleplay Admin

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login