It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:33 pm
Change font size

General Discussion

Delivery System

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Delivery System

Postby MrT2G » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:20 pm

Is there any reason PC shops can't have a standard delivery system in their storefronts?

Something where PCs can come and drop off goods, it would record their name, and then post a message about said delivery and make it available to those with the required clan rank?

It would work best if this system could be two-way. Where the PC Shopkeeper could also leave completed items (or payment for deliveries) for pick-up by using the receiver's name as an identifier?

Pros: People in different timezones could do business and have interactions. Reduce the time it takes for materials and products to be exchanged.

Cons: Potentially a risk that face to face RP actions would decrease.

I would also like to see all storefronts to get a message board by default to facilitate the same sort of thing.

Thoughts?
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Re: Delivery System

Postby Rishte » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:35 pm

MrT2G wrote:Is there any reason PC shops can't have a standard delivery system in their storefronts?

Yes. There is already the delivery system whereupon you can send things from one PC to the next. See the delivery man in Utterby's Markets.

Why not separate and have individual deliveries for shops themselves? That greatly takes away from the intent of PC to PC. PC shops are intended to flesh out the world, give PCs and players an ability to assist in shaping the market and the economy.

MrT2G wrote:I would also like to see all storefronts to get a message board by default to facilitate the same sort of thing.

Thoughts?

One PC-ran shop in game does not have a board. That is on the player to submit a request for it, in the end. Perhaps they didn't want one. Perhaps it was simply forgotten between builder and player during set-up. Though, perhaps too, you may simply not readily see the board. I know of another PC-ran shop where the board is not immediately seen by the passing public. That said, I don't think we'll make it mandatory. There are those players who may not want one for their own reasons. There are those licenses that also don't qualify for one due to the limitations of said license.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby Nimrod » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:16 am

FYI - This system was written in a way to allow shop owners to have a 'mailbox' in their own area so they can check their mail without going to the post office.

These aren't currently available, but will be in Laketown.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Icarus » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:07 am

There are of course the combination locked chests that could be loaded as no-take in a shopfront.

Lock it and HM the combination to whoever needs to open it.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby MrT2G » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:16 am

Nimrod wrote:FYI - This system was written in a way to allow shop owners to have a 'mailbox' in their own area so they can check their mail without going to the post office.

These aren't currently available, but will be in Laketown.

I personally had no idea this existed. Is there documentation on the command and everything somewhere?
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Rishte » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:32 am

Help General Delivery

Its pretty spiffy.
Rishte
The Shadow

Postby MrT2G » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:33 am

It does seem cool.

However, the fact this costs coin means it will never be see widespread use imo.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:12 pm

MrT2G wrote:It does seem cool.

However, the fact this costs coin means it will never be see widespread use imo.

This set of progs was written in such a way that we can easily modify costs and expand on many things.

In fact, it's become our go-to method for storing objects that folks want to keep when retiring and they feel they may want to un-retire in the future.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login