It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:06 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Crafters, Soldiers, and You

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Crafters, Soldiers, and You

Postby Bones » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:15 am

We have a -beautiful- assortment of characters. Everyone from the weavers that fashion baby clothes, brightly embroidered attire and more, to that soldier that has so much luck in a fight that it seems they are invincible!

The problem I find, is when we stop thinking of these players as individuals, and start seeing them as Walmart and QRF. Yes, these players can craft or kill astonishing things.. But that's not all they are, and we shouldn't relegate them to such. Often times, some of the most brilliant RP comes when these players are left unbadgered and can involve themselves without worrying about being harassed for equipment, or to go and kill that wolf/warg/badger/squirrel/newborn etc.

This isn't a jibe or a jab at anyone in particular. I myself have been guilty of abusing fellow players' characters, using them as dispensories rather than the characters they are.

Just a few thoughts.
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Re: Crafters, Soldiers, and You

Postby tehkory » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Bones wrote:We have a -beautiful- assortment of characters. Everyone from the weavers that fashion baby clothes, brightly embroidered attire and more, to that soldier that has so much luck in a fight that it seems they are invincible!

The problem I find, is when we stop thinking of these players as individuals, and start seeing them as Walmart and QRF. Yes, these players can craft or kill astonishing things.. But that's not all they are, and we shouldn't relegate them to such. Often times, some of the most brilliant RP comes when these players are left unbadgered and can involve themselves without worrying about being harassed for equipment, or to go and kill that wolf/warg/badger/squirrel/newborn etc.

This isn't a jibe or a jab at anyone in particular. I myself have been guilty of abusing fellow players' characters, using them as dispensories rather than the characters they are.

Just a few thoughts.

Caellyndria was always particularly good at this, in my mind's eye. It was best done by dragging whoever asked you for X along with you when you made it, and forcing them to roleplay with you while you did it, usually about entirely unrelated things.

Public crafting locations certainly helped.
tehkory
Master Ent

Re: Crafters, Soldiers, and You

Postby Real » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:54 pm

EDIT: ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

No more forums before my coffee.
Everything gets smaller now the further that I go
Towards the mouth and the reunion of the known and the unknown
Consider yourself lucky if you think of it as home
You can move mountains with your misery if you don't
Real
Elf Recruit