It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:42 am
Change font size

General Discussion

SoI 2014 Player Overview

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Re: SoI 2014 Player Overview

Postby kestrel » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:10 am

Every time I look at Who's Online I get happy all over again. So many awesome players seem to be coming out of the woodwork.
kestrel
Honored Dwarf

Postby wayani » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:16 am

Username: wayani (also known as boog/a!)
Started SoI: 2006?
Other player influences: wolfsong, snork, Kestrel, Caellyndria. Loved me some Tepes, Nocht and Janarc.

RIP MT theater!
Background: I was basically amazing. All the time!
Other MUDs played (past or present): Armageddon, ARPI

I've missed most of you guys. ;)
wayani
Verified Member

Postby Letters » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:08 pm

I still remember wayani's very first PC committing suicide by loaf of bread.

kestrel wrote:Every time I look at Who's Online I get happy all over again. So many awesome players seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

This. And I'm surprised at how many profess to have played Armageddon at some stage, more than anything else. Most people I spoke to who played Atonement/Parallel had never given Armageddon a go at all, or had bounced off it after a week or two. Of course, that may very well be why they were playing Atonement.
A skeletal, pig-tailed-haired male teen says,
"Prepare to meet your doom, loping man. It is I, loitering person, your nemesis."
Letters
Elf Recruit

Postby Hazgarn » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Username: Hazgarn
Started SoI: 2007ish, played on and off.
Other player influences: Jahrlen (I think?), Renal. Others, but I either don't remember the character's names, or never knew the player of.
Background: Tur Edendor, creeping up on its fall. I only had two characters I played for very long: a terrified redhead who wound up getting a job as Narodar's gardener (and failing at it miserably), and Keofrane who spent most of his time as a member of the Singrave Mercenaries before being bounced into the Legion shortly before his death.
Other MUDs: BuffyMUD, Atonement
SOI Mirkwood Map
SOI Wilderlands Map

I am also a Guide. Feel free to contact me through AIM or PM with questions about the game.
Hazgarn
Cartographer

Postby wayani » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:50 am

Letters wrote:I still remember wayani's very first PC committing suicide by loaf of bread.

:oops:

Who knew NPC soldiers wouldn't like bread being thrown around the fort?

Ahh. I'm so happy SOI is back. I've grown even more as a roleplayer and look forward to sharing this story with y'all. :)
wayani
Verified Member

Postby lafey » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:20 pm

Username: lafey
Started SoI: Somewhere in 2006 or 2007
Other player influences: Elnisa, Mairwen, Sharline, Katalyn, Jerdumael, Brynden Astirian, Lon, Tabea, etc
Background: Only had two characters: one was a Vanguard recruit who died in the Fall of Osgiliath named Gaerandil and the other was Erwan who was affiliated with several clans in the Pellenor area. He was the leader of the White Stag.

Does anyone remember Erwan?

Played it for many IG years until real life problems got hold of me. Loads of fond memories.

EDIT: Really happy to see SoI kept going. I never had any real RP experience before SoI so I had many memorable experiences (IG sex and marriage for instance) I still love to share whenever general gaming is a discussion topic. :)

I still have many old logs and stories particularly from the Minas Tirith and Pellenor areas. Will of course share on request. :D
lafey

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login