It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:02 am
Change font size

General Discussion

Weapon Crafting Patterns

Discuss game issues here.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Weapon Crafting Patterns

Postby Onasaki » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:58 am

I've begun to notice a few very notable patterns when I've been making weapons. Considering, at this time, I'm probably one of the most skilled weaponsmiths in the game...

But, from what it seems...

Hilts = Speed of a Weapon.
Blade = Damages, what it affects
Extras(Pommels, etc) = Balance a blade, (therefore betters the skill in use), or allow you to deflect better.

Now, these are all obvious things for anyone who knows about medieval weaponry, but I'm curious. Is this in place for a more advanced, and possibly more complex weapon crafting system?

Like, being able to build specific hilts for different fighting styles/playstyles. Therefore possibly a hint at an expansion on the combat system.

Or maybe not. Though, it's clear that the way weaponcrafting works right now. Is how I stated, which is why all my blades I attach to newbie hilts always have the same speed as the the newbie weapons. (Newbie, by means, of like... Serrated swords, or nicked daggers, not the trash-weapons)

But always usually have better damage.

Does this mean, like in the future, we could have weapons with faster blades, and low damage, or more damage but less speed?

Or has it always been like this since Atonement? 'Cause I never got to play with weapon crafting then...

Just curious, and I felt the need to share my observations.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Re: Weapon Crafting Patterns

Postby Mithrandur » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:24 am

Onasaki wrote:
Hilts = Speed of a Weapon.
Blade = Damages, what it affects
Extras(Pommels, etc) = Balance a blade, (therefore betters the skill in use), or allow you to deflect better.

Not entirely true. Some hilts add different traits. Some for say axes and hammers might determine the damage output, others like with spears might determine how balanced (how well it flies) it is, thus allowing for throwing spears. You'd have to really test and compare all of the different nuances to see what a part actually affects compared to a standard base.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Postby Throttle » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:35 am

The hafts for axes determine how they can be wielded. The crappy haft can only be one-handed, the long one can only be two-handed, and the sturdy one can go either way.
You notice a gigantic orb spider with raw-umber patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a giant orb spider with night patterning's attention shift toward you!
You notice a rugged orb spider with sepia patterning's attention shift toward you!
Throttle
Honored Elf

Postby Mithrandur » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:39 am

Throttle wrote:The hafts for axes determine how they can be wielded. The crappy haft can only be one-handed, the long one can only be two-handed, and the sturdy one can go either way.

If you compare a normal hafted, and a short (iron banded) hafted axe, the iron-hafted also does more damage. FYI.
Mithrandur
Honored Dwarf

Return to General Discussion

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login