It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:29 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

Love the RP.

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Love the RP.

Postby Hawkwind » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:05 pm

Nice work ladies and gents, more so for the hawk nosed orc.
JESUS CHRIST, THE HELIUM!
PS4 Handle - Roadhawkes
Tags Taken: Eru I, Mavinero I.
Hawkwind
Honored Elf

Re: Love the RP.

Postby AdamBlue » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:06 am

I want to say, kudos to Nimrod for the literally godlike Bulgash messages, emotes, and happenings. It's really off the chain and awesome when we get an experience like that, especially with my character.
AdamBlue
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Patty » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:25 pm

This is not ripping anyone, but I personally think we have gotten a bit social as a sphere. Orcs are bred for war. They live in conflict and serve usually, only out of fear. I miss some of the grit and strife I had once experienced.
<****** / ^^^^^^ / ||||||>
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:46 pm

Patty wrote:This is not ripping anyone, but I personally think we have gotten a bit social as a sphere. Orcs are bred for war. They live in conflict and serve usually, only out of fear. I miss some of the grit and strife I had once experienced.

I feel the same way, but it might be due to the lack of players we actually have.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby LadyMizra » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Onasaki wrote:
Patty wrote:This is not ripping anyone, but I personally think we have gotten a bit social as a sphere. Orcs are bred for war. They live in conflict and serve usually, only out of fear. I miss some of the grit and strife I had once experienced.

I feel the same way, but it might be due to the lack of players we actually have.

This is true, we don't have that many players on the orc side. Also, killing each other and shit has become largely frowned upon, since we have other problems to deal with and internal strife would be unwelcome. At least that's my take on it.
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Oblivion » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:09 am

We all know I'm the least of individuals to shy away from killing our own, but yes... As has been stated before: The low player base, as well as the fact that we are still in an early release stage of the game makes such things as internal conflict rather far-fetched considering we are all essentially slaves for one over-reaching power rather than the old time split of a multitude of racial and cultural clans working to increase their own power-base in an already structured sphere.

Honestly, I'm liking the break from everyone and their second cousin trying to gang up and gank the first person who has more than them. A strong sense of tribe is more than welcome in the role-play of the orkish sphere. Granted, personal grudges come and go with those persons and nobody is saying those are wrong or improper, over-all the benefit of the tribe should come before personal trophies or increasing the quality of kit one possesses.
Oblivion
Dwarf Recruit

Postby mongwen » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:05 pm

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the general lack of grudges and back-biting. I'm not much interested in intra-sphere conflict and constantly trying to get one up on whoever else, however unruly, rude, crude and orcy it might be. I rather prefer the whole tribe working together toward whatever the goal happens to be. Yeah, I'm probably in the minority, but I have never claimed to do evil well. I even think there's a certain area that needs to be bigger or there need to be more sources of something, but it won't happen.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby AdamBlue » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:14 am

I really dig the fact that we all realize that we're the only people that like us, and that because the rest of the world hates us that we don't got the time to be hating eachother.
SO KILL THE TARK! KILL THE ELVES! KILL THE DWARVES! ENSLAVE THEM, MAKE THEM OUR PETS!

Only 30 years left until the events of The Hobbit. Let's destroy the canon and kill off every last creature in the world! Bwahahaha!

(No but really I'm glad we're all basically respectful and totally teamworked.)
AdamBlue
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Patty » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:59 pm

I wasn't meaning we all gank each other as soon as we have a chance. There is, it seems to me, a lack of intrigue or orc's making their own way. If everyone endeavor's to play the good soldier, that's fine. I was just stating my opinion and I stand by it, that the sphere has gotten pretty soft. To each their own.
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Postby Onasaki » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Patty wrote:I wasn't meaning we all gank each other as soon as we have a chance. There is, it seems to me, a lack of intrigue or orc's making their own way. If everyone endeavor's to play the good soldier, that's fine. I was just stating my opinion and I stand by it, that the sphere has gotten pretty soft. To each their own.

This is probably because the Veterans outshine the newbies. It seems like a pointless attempt to try and take titles, when you know you're going to lose.

We HAD a recent thing where something like that happened. It just didn't end well for the attempter.
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby LadyMizra » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Orcs aren't stupid. They aren't going to try to take over or something when they know they are going to lose. The divide between newbies and vets is great, and if the newbies keep dying no one else will become a vet.
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Patty » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:18 pm

I stated it wasn't about killing people.
The head is there.
Patty
Honored Dwarf

Postby radioactivejesus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:38 am

You don't have to go for the big all or nothing gamble as far as growing in stature through underhanded means. Of course there will always be characters that are out of your league, be they npc or pc. Find out which orcs are close to you on the totem pole, bully those slightly below you, and for those slightly above you, figure out ways to put them below you. Whether this is constantly humiliating them in spats to the point where their reputation is destroyed, jumping them, knocking them out and stealing all their nice gear for yourself, or simply training hard enough to get stronger than them. If a new orc comes in and immediately tries one upping veteran pc's who have been around for months, he's going to have a rough time. Luckily, there's been a steadily growing number of new orcs lately

And of course, while new orcs can pit themselves against each other to make it to veteran, veterans should be prepared to compete with one another if they plan on advancing further in rank at a quick pace.
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Nimrod » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:32 am

The forum rank of 'Elf Recruit' just looks strange under radioactivejesus's name, doesn't it? :lol:
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby LadyMizra » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:34 am

Nimrod wrote:The forum rank of 'Elf Recruit' just looks strange under radioactivejesus's name, doesn't it? :lol:

Skeletor, latest recruit of Lothlorien. :lol:
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby AdamBlue » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Isildur is a Royal Boob.
:lol:
AdamBlue
Dwarf Recruit

Postby radioactivejesus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:07 pm

AdamBlue wrote:Isildur is a Royal Boob.
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVA9e-ZUN44
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login