It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:02 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Orcs

Orcs

Orc Newb ?s

All things yrkin. A place for Staff and players alike to use this space to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. Please keep in-character information off of this board.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Orc Newb ?s

Postby Indy » Mon May 18, 2015 6:29 pm

Played SOI and Atone a long time ago then took a few year break from mudding.

Just starting back, prayed there would be an SOI still and BAM! Lo and behold.

So clearly I want to get an orc going asap. The docs are a little scattered though. I know the RP of an orc well, I enjoy it, but where do I get actual info on the current area/lore where the orcs are now? That way I can begin my most amazing background workup.
Indy

Re: Orc Newb ?s

Postby Icarus » Mon May 18, 2015 6:47 pm

https://shadowsofisildur.atlassian.net/ ... rroundings

This of course is a fair outline of what's going on human side, though sparse as well. The orcs, I'm afraid, are a touch sparser than that!

Elevator pitch version though: The orcs IG are under a tribe known as the Vadok. They live in Vadok Mal. There are about a half dozen other orc tribes in the region, though they are just slightly off-map. Currently they are at war with both each other in some cases, and the humans out east in Utterby, a small woodsman settlement.

The roles (see the announcements, top post) have some background on where you might have come from yourself. As we are alpha, you don't have to be too greatly detailed.
[Petition: Player] I am ready to begin my interdimensional adventure.

A mutilated little orc murmurs, nodding as he mutters,
"I fought good today. Yuh. Fought good, 'specially for bein' the kitchen-snaga. Yuh, I did."
Icarus
Staffer Emeritus

Postby radioactivejesus » Mon May 18, 2015 7:04 pm

Vadok Ushtarak likes to buy slave-soldiers from any caravan that passes by with prisoners, and that is where the main portion of it's manpower comes from. They're quite a melting pot of various cultures and orcs from every region. So it is entirely possible for you to create a character from the misty mountains, gundabad, insert orc civilization name here, with no knowledge of the Vadok region and learn the information ingame, if you're eager to commence.
A really bad sword with a short blade lies here.
look sword
This sword hardly even a sword. It's kind of really just a piece of metal bent like a sword. Its blade is rather short. Kind of pathetic, really.
radioactivejesus
Ent Sapling

Postby Indy » Mon May 18, 2015 8:05 pm

Thanks for the input all. It helps a lot.
Indy

Return to Orcs

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login