It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:46 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Utterby

Utterby

Licensing and the Artisan Union

A place for Staff and players alike to use to coordinate RPTs and in-game events. No IC info, please.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Licensing and the Artisan Union

Postby MrT2G » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:21 pm

I'm just going to make this thread because it keeps coming up in the other economic-focused discussions going-on.

I like the general idea as it is at the moment but think the execution could be better. Personally, I'd like to see a similar system but one enforced by PCs. So much RP could be created!

Something like where if someone has a license then it would largely be that PC's job to file complaints and/or present evidence to the Artisan Union (Guard? Oh, wonderful RP to be had!) to protect their monopoly. Punishments to be primarily financial. If no one held a license or if the PC that did didn't care then it could be sold by any PC to any PC. Not in law but in practice. Of course, if someone did something stupid like trying to sell unlicensed goods from a shop to vNPCs then the Artisan Union would undoubtedly get wind of it and seize the premises.

I should add that something along these lines would create all sorts of business opportunities. Someone with a license could subcontract out work, establish franchises, hire people to track down people infringing on their licenses, and who knows what else.
A curvy, copper-haired woman drops a small, strawberry-blonde toddler girl.
MrT2G
Elf Recruit

Re: Licensing and the Artisan Union

Postby Rishte » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:19 pm

At present we do not have a forum open for discussing documentation in or outside of Utterby. This forum is for setting up RPTs and making known availability, etc. without revealing IC information.

That said, I am all for characters actually safeguarding their niche in the market by sabotaging their competition. That is how business works in some ways.

Still, going to lock this thread just in case it invites trouble!
Rishte
The Shadow

Return to Utterby

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login