It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:42 pm
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Crafting Questions

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Crafting Questions

Postby Onasaki » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:45 pm

Going to just drop this thread here, to ask questions about crafting in general. This is not to ask about bugs, or request, this is strictly for technical questions regarding crafts.

Like for instance, I'm going to ask, what does Instrument carving fall under? Is it woodcraft, or is it a music skill?
I have two forces by my side
One's the truth and one's a lie
Which one's which I cannot tell
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Re: Crafting Questions

Postby Mavinero » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Onasaki wrote:Going to just drop this thread here, to ask questions about crafting in general. This is not to ask about bugs, or request, this is strictly for technical questions regarding crafts.

Like for instance, I'm going to ask, what does Instrument carving fall under? Is it woodcraft, or is it a music skill?

Good question! I'd guess under woodcraft. It was back in 2.0 anyway. :oops:
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby Taurgalas » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:05 am

Technically, it's both. It requires both a check in music AND woodcraft. Because that's how I roll. :D
[Petition:***] Why is there a pretty pink pony with doe eyes and a party-balloon cutie mark in the group?

*** orc player name edited out for his/her own protection.
Taurgalas
Master Ent

Postby Mavinero » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:19 am

Taurgalas wrote:Technically, it's both. It requires both a check in music AND woodcraft. Because that's how I roll. :D

Owned.
A small, shell-grey-eyed male begins to flicker and flash, turning to a red color as such happens. Without warning, a slim, silver-hilted lightsaber hilt ignites with a ruby-hued length. "Incorrect. I am programmed for queries, not pleasure."
Mavinero
Dwarf Recruit

Postby EltanimRas » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:25 am

Does it require both to branch?
EltanimRas
Master Ent

Postby Onasaki » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:22 am

How come rough-weapons require metalcraft, but other weapons don't?
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Taurgalas » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 pm

I would assume because weaponcraft covers the rest? I'm not positive as I stayed as far away as I could get from all weaponcrafts.
[Petition:***] Why is there a pretty pink pony with doe eyes and a party-balloon cutie mark in the group?

Taurgalas
Master Ent

Postby Taurgalas » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:25 pm

EltanimRas wrote:Does it require both to branch?

There are openers that will appear if you have both. And yes, it will branch if you have both.

Taurgalas
Master Ent

Postby teepu » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Onasaki wrote:How come rough-weapons require metalcraft, but other weapons don't?

I think it was to intended to give the (low-tierd)weaponcrafter some practice in metal working as well.. :roll:
teepu
Guide

Postby mongwen » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:04 pm

...except no one uses them any longer than necessary in either sphere so making trash and pquality is discouraged anyway with the high value and cost of metal. Yet another reason to remove poor stuf altogether *coughcough clearthroat*. Sorry, that wasn't the point of the thread. Back to the main thrust, Now I think about it, that is interesting. Any metal armorcraft I can think of does require a metalcraft check in addition to armorcraft, so it's odd if weapons don't.
A yellow-eyed, blotchy-fleshed brown uruk slowly slunks over, sneakily swaggering with a sleek step.
mongwen
Honored Dwarf

Postby Blayneburner » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:25 am

I had a question about pquality stuff and requirements. Specifically hilts being leather wrapped. They said the oquality stuff doesn't or shouldn't require leather wrapping after an audit? but the more lower level weapon crafting still does. Can I get some clarification on this please? I'm new and don't want to pester everyone and there mum in character for something that is obsolete or not being used! Thanks!
Blayneburner
Verified Member

Postby Onasaki » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:15 pm

Blayneburner wrote:I had a question about pquality stuff and requirements. Specifically hilts being leather wrapped. They said the oquality stuff doesn't or shouldn't require leather wrapping after an audit? but the more lower level weapon crafting still does. Can I get some clarification on this please? I'm new and don't want to pester everyone and there mum in character for something that is obsolete or not being used! Thanks!

The clarification is weird. All weapons use all the same hilts.

A sword uses a hilt.
A longknife uses a hilt
A dagger uses a hilt
A mace uses a haft.
A spear uses a haft.
An axe uses a haft.

There's nothing different about the pquality and oquality hilts. They're all the same. Something I wish they would change.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Postby Blayneburner » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Do they still use the leather wrapped ones or just simply a $woodtype haft or a $woodtype hilt? When I try to put together some pquality weapons it asking for the leather wrapped versions and someone told me that was changed. That it might not have been carried over to pquality only oquality. Sorry for not being clear on that!
Blayneburner
Verified Member

Postby Onasaki » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:16 pm

Blayneburner wrote:Do they still use the leather wrapped ones or just simply a $woodtype haft or a $woodtype hilt? When I try to put together some pquality weapons it asking for the leather wrapped versions and someone told me that was changed. That it might not have been carried over to pquality only oquality. Sorry for not being clear on that!

Yes. They use the leather-bound hilts.
This enigma is my hell

Onasaki
Honored Elf

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login