It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:53 am
Change font size
Forum Home Public Crafts

Crafts

Dyecraft

Suggest crafts, talk about existing crafts, debate the finer points of your craftiness.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Dyecraft

Postby LadyMizra » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:48 pm

After purchasing a jar of raspberry dye, and 2 soaps, I was very disappointed with the result. Not only did it only dye -one- piece of leather, I ended up with a piece of leather... natural-hued? What does that mean? That's not a color. I was expecting it to actually say something like, raspberry colored, or dark maroon/purple/whatever color, not natural hued. Natural hued can be any color at all. Not only did I end up wasting the meager pittance of money I get, I didn't even get a piece of leather with a real color on it >.<.
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Re: Dyecraft

Postby Meneldor » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:03 pm

The issue was the dye. Where did you buy 'raspberry' dye?
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Postby tehkory » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 pm

It is a white half-gallon jar of wild-cherry-dye.
This is a large, white jar, carved from wood. It is stout and of decent
size with a light scoring around the top to give the vessel an ersatz lip. The surface has been sanded and the edges are curved, displaying the grain, carven directly from the heart of the wood. This jar holds around a half-gallon of a liquid made from wild cherries that is a brownish-grey-green hue and can be used to create a grey-green color on fabrics or leathers.

As to why raspberry dye makes a natural-hued object, it may be a bug, or...it may not. I don't have any raspberry dye to look at. But you get what you pay for. Just look at what you're buying beforehand. See the bolded section.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Meneldor » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:11 pm

Raspberry as a color for dye shouldn't exist, so it defaulted to natural-hued. I am looking into it.

Okay, the initial making of dye I believe had what it was made from, rather then the color of the dye. Any dye that currently has the type of dye rather then the color, will not work. I am working on reloading all said dyes.
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Postby LadyMizra » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:04 pm

I bought the dye in the orc shop, btw. Aaaand maybe I'm a lil dumb, but you can look at something before you buy it?
LadyMizra
Dwarf Recruit

Postby tehkory » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:06 pm

LadyMizra wrote:I bought the dye in the orc shop, btw. Aaaand maybe I'm a lil dumb, but you can look at something before you buy it?

'The nature of the universe is such that all men remain ignorant; it is only the topic and extent of our ignorance that changes,' or some other BS like that.

Preview lets you look at it. What raspberry dye 'should' look like, and whether or not it should require less uses, well...*shrugs*Problems for another poster.
tehkory
Master Ent

Postby Frigga » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:17 am

It was an old load of some dye jars that needed a reloading - please open a ticket so the item can be reloaded properly.
Frigga
The Ice Queen

Postby Meneldor » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:51 pm

I've replaced all the 30 or so dyes that were IG and incorrect.
Meneldor
Raptor Overlord

Return to Crafts

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login