Forum Home Public Warcraft

Warcraft

Stronghold Troops

A place to discuss the Warcraft System.

Moderator: Elder Staff

Stronghold Troops

Postby Faroukel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:38 am

Hello,

Which stronghold troops types currently have active use?

Do defenders currently defend?
Do archers currently shoot at attackers?

Just looking for a quick blurb on what's currently active, and how it operates/works.

Thanks!
"Youse maggoty lout! Get'cher arse on da move an' quit youse yappin!"
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Re: Stronghold Troops

Postby Nimrod » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:46 am

Wodan wrote:Hello,

Which stronghold troops types currently have active use?

Do defenders currently defend?
Do archers currently shoot at attackers?

Just looking for a quick blurb on what's currently active, and how it operates/works.

Thanks!

Defenders do indeed defend if an enemy gets inside the stronghold.

Gatherers do indeed gather.

Archers do not quite yet arch, this is very simple to finish and I have it designed. (Don't worry there won't be ten archers shooting down at you if you're attacking, I'm doing my best to keep it realistic for both sides).

Engineers do indeed do work on a damaged stronghold (they will bring it back up to full HP if given enough time and resources. A vNPC Engineer only adds about 75% of the hit points per log that a PC does, so it's always better to make repairs yourself, but they will do in a pinch.

Medics don't quite medic yet, the design is in place, but the progs are yet in place.

Scouts don't quite scout either. Yet. Once again, the design is in place, I just need to write up the prog and test.

I'm holding off on a few of these items because the core system needs to be fully operational with no bugs. Adding these minor systems just makes it more difficult for me to chase bugs. I believe I'll have the bugs worked out of the core system in a week or two.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Postby Faroukel » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:55 am

Awesome, thanks for the update!
"Youse maggoty lout! Get'cher arse on da move an' quit youse yappin!"
Faroukel
Honored Dwarf

Postby Bones » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:44 am

I recall a conversation you and I had in the past, Nimrod, regarding recruitment of new troops. Is a mechanism for this in the works? Or are we looking at a set complement given, and that's it?
Nimrod banned me for 7 days.
Bones
Elf Recruit

Postby Nimrod » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Bones wrote:I recall a conversation you and I had in the past, Nimrod, regarding recruitment of new troops. Is a mechanism for this in the works? Or are we looking at a set complement given, and that's it?

It is set for the time being. I want to be able to control how many troops you have so we make the fight fair. I do have plans in place and the system designed for allowing you and townfolk to contribute to both troop numbers and morale.

These are fairly minor bits to add down the road, and extremely simple since I've already designed the core system to allow this.

I'm open to hearing how you all think these systems should work to allow non combatants to actually help out with the war effort. Remember though, it's got to work for both sides.

The whole point of warcraft is to allow one side or the other to win huge battles and possibly the war, though that will be -extremely- difficult (but not impossible).

It's up to each side to work together for a common goal, if they cannot do that, then the war effort will most assuredly suffer.

Seriously... even the meek and mild character stuck in Utterby (or Laketown or the Mountain) will be able to contribute, and not in just some nebulous, meaningless manner. What they give will have -direct- results on the war effort. They may not see these results, but I guarantee you the leaders of the strongholds will be able to see them.

I believe these systems are about two to three months out yet. You should continue to see the system developing over time, and all the while be able to actually use it. The working-alpha for Warcraft seems to be working well for me, as it allows me to concentrate on the important parts of Warcraft rather than testing all the nit-picking details.

Thanks to everyone who is helping with this.
The greatest enemy to propaganda or even counter-propaganda is open, unadulterated channels of free opinion.
Nimrod
Game Lead

Return to Warcraft

Connect

FacebookTwitter

Login